to
raggedy
brown
boughs.

a
naked
tree

exposed.

The rawness of the poem’s structure and choice of words was poignant.

I am assuming this description of “the tree” has arose out of your relationship with your new lover. It is wonderful.

Raw and linear - yet profound in its simplicity!

it reminded me a little of e.e. cummings

"2 little whos
(he and she)
under are this
wonderful tree

smiling stand
(all realms of where
and when beyond)
now and here

(far from a grown
-up i&you-
ful world of known)

(2 little ams
and over them this
aflame with dreams
incredible is)

Yes it has. I am glad the poem managed to connect with you on some level – and, of course, thank you for the kind words.

I’m glad you liked this one – I wrote it unconsciously, but after it was written, I realized the style of the poem, the rawness of it, was a perfect expression for the emotion and meaning the poem attempts to convey. Completely stripped down, like the tree and what it symbolizes, I guess.

I would also just like to say that e.e. cummings is probably my biggest influence and inspiration; though, I freely acknowledge that I still have a lot of trouble attempting to decipher him. Yet, his poetry definitley penetrates my unconscious. My favorite one is “anyone lived in a pretty how town.”

I would actually love to post up some of his poetry and get some discussions going on them. Maybe once my semester is over and I have some freetime. Anyway, thanks for sharing that poem by him – it is wonderful.