heres why you Can believe in god, atheists

thats why he’s god jackass. you dont know his reasoning or nature, thats the point. so…dumb.

I don’t even believe in god and can still see that god would need suffering as testing material. Then, after the suffering and you have proven your strength you get to go to heaven forever. Good trade there.

well, if you can believe in a system of reincarnation that is capable of recognizing all of our sins and placing us into a position of poverty or wealth dependant on our sins in our past life, then surely a just god is possible. i mean, all you have to do is say to yourself, everytime you feel pain “oh i must have done something bad in my last life” (and then, of course, the amazingly large number of suffering people on earth would have to be counteracted by a similarly large number of happy people on a technologically advanced planet elsewhere)

i would never say that such a theory is plausible, however. i completely agree that god is not just, i find it hard to imagine that he has the capability to keep track and then orchestrate like that. it would be so ridiculously complicated. i dont think that he is just at all. i dont think that our individual souls will be rewarded by the actions that we individually perpetrate. but average human souls will feel better if each of us does good things for them, thats obvious.

i do think that doing good in this world matters. it doesnt matter for me, it hurts me. but it matters for the world. if it didnt matter for the world, if i was donating my money to save the rocks, then i would be a dumbass. and yes, my altruism in that situation would be even more than if i were putting smiles on human faces. but i would feel as stupid as dr satan would feel if he helped someone besides himself once he was a billionaire (actually, probably much more stupid, regardless of what doc might say)

there is a teleological purpose that has been presented to us. happy brain chemicals are great. and there is only so much that you can give to yourself by achieving selfishness. i want a rich old man to post on here and say that he actually felt worse helping others than he did helping himself. i will actually give this old man all of my money, because thats what makes him happy. he doesnt exist. if anybody has an example where they saw such an old man, i will shit my pants and mail them to you as proof. anyway, i totally agree.

you absolutely will not, ever. never.

its not possible. its called an ‘infinite regress’

so far, we have narrowed it down to “there once was a dot, and that dot exploded”

so the question is then “what created that dot” and there is absolutely no scientific instrument that can begin to find evidence that will support that answer.

even if we did invent some completely new science that was capable of probing the time before the big bang, the question then arises “what caused that” and when we find that answer: “what caused that!?!?!”

the uber-creator does not have this property because he is independent of time. follow closely. the only reason why we think the big bang must have had a cause is because we live in a place where time flows in a linear line. the only way we can possibly find out what caused the big bang is if we find out what happened BEFORE IT.

if the big bang created our entire concept of time, and created the mechanism by which we can measure our place in time, then asking what happened before the big bang doesnt even make sense. the big bang was the beginning of time. something might have caused it before it presented evidence to us, but the evidence that it gave to us includes any kind of time perception we can possibly measure.

whenever time started, that is the last place we can ever look for our origin. but something created time. something that was not subject to the laws of time, obviously. but anything that causes something else to happen must have happened BEFORE IT. how can something happen before time existed?

how can that possibly make sense to humans? it cant. something out there caused the universe to exist. and its out there, and it has no past and it caused no future. it just ---- and theres the universe. it didnt cause something in the past to happen in the future because time didnt exist before time was created.

do you see what im saying, the whole concept of creation cant possibly apply to time itself. and time is truly a material, tangible thing just like gravity. something must have created time, since it exists. but what happened before time existed? the question DOESNT MAKE SENSE. that is why we will never understand what “created” time.

and the inhabitants of that universe will be very confused when we show up and say “WE are why you are here!!” and they ask “why are you humans there?”

what made us? what made that? and that? the only way you can ultimately answer the question of where we came from is to answer what created time. and i just cant imagine a way to answer that.

the reason why he is god is to mess with losers who cant hurt him? welcome to ilp thank you for your contribution.

adlerian. it Is very simple. when people think they are being “all philosophical and shit” and they ask why god requires suffering as if it is a difficult question, it is embarassing to all of us “philosopher type motherfuckers”, but you must be strong, because when you say what you just said, they will really be like “oh shit this guy is exactly like einstein in every way that i understand einstein was” and it will be hilarious. and then you must use your gifts to blow their minds further than they ever thought was possible, perhaps by saying what i just said about time. but make them sign a waiver, because you dont want to be sued if they all have aneurysms. (im not insulting you lostguy. just the normals)