hi all!

I liked that. I would still hold on to wondering about it and remaining perplexed about it though. Of course, there are those aha moments between the gaps and spaces where you do experience the meaning in life but can you actually name it?
Do you want to?

Meaning of life means definition of life. You’re using the words wrong.

The purpose of life is to eradicate all consent violation in existence.

Hi, I am ED

it can happen as you get older

welcome to the party

:-k

does finding the purpose of life seem pleasurable to you? if it does, and pleasure seeking is bad, then you have to give up on finding the meaning of life…right?

We were speaking more of seeking the purpose of life, (our own purpose of life) not so much finding it. I suppose that it can be pleasurable in a not-so-inordinate way…satisfying to know that you are about doing and looking for what you feel you were created for and that you are on the right track.

Pleasure is not bad - being hedonistic can be. What happened to Dorian Gray? Is there any “real” meaning in seeking only pleasure? I think that meaning can be lost in that way, don’t you?

dorian gray is a fictional character

_
Lol

Well, Shepherdess is a fictional character. Mr. Reasonable is a fictional character.
Art does imitate life. I wonder just how many fictional characters have been born out of “real” flesh and blood people.
Have you ever gone to a museum and observed the awesome paintings and how they reflect and show us the beauty of life and nature and also on the other side of that coin, life’s ugliness and horrors?

Dorian Gray can teach one much about one’s own narcissism and hedonism as any book or work of art can teach us about who we are that has not as yet been discovered.