Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

Okay so I went to the movies tonight, saw sin city… it was okay… It was full of cliches, but intended to be that way, anyways in the previews before I saw the preview for the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy… and MAN!!! :astonished: Now I’ve heard about this book countless times, but I’ve never actually picked it up. I don’t quite know why, I used to read fiction all the time. Anyways has anyone seen the preview, anyone whose read the book ? I can’t even explain how utterly crazy this movie looks. Its just insane. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been trying to limit my escapism lately, first time I’ve been to the movies in about 6 months, but damned if I’m not going to go see this opening day!! :smiley:

excellent book, great game as well… and the tv show wasn’t bad…

-Imp

The book is great…I liked the tv show, but only because I read the book first. It’s like “Alice in Wonderland”…the imagery of the book works better in your head than it does on a screen. Read the book(s) first if you can…it would take you a few days for sure.

Thanks guys I think I’m going to order the books today :smiley:

Doug Adams was a master of irony and satire. I’ve got copies of almost everything he wrote. On those days where it feels like the world just moved over about 50 feet and forgot to take you with it, the Guide helps put it back in perspective. Great stuff.

JT

I’ve read the first two books now… wow can’t believe the answer to the universe, life, and everything is… 42 :astonished: I thought it was 55 :confused:

:laughing:

That’s why Adams published those books. Just to clear up all of our misconceptions. :smiley:

JT