Homosexuality

My, what will your wife say?

That’s okay - she’s chosen to go gay for a day too, she’s off to the wine-bar to pick up some lipstick-lesbians. Frankly, I think I got the raw end of the deal.

A couple of months ago in Iran (July 2005), the two boys below were hanged for being gay. If you feel appalled by this, write to the Iranian Embassy.

PHOTOS HAVE BEEN MOVED to ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/vi … 73#1685973 to give it the exposure it needs.

I want to vomit.

A

I “like” to look at pictures like that. It really brings home the point about culture and civilization.

While you’re at it, please write to that horrible regime about the Canadian journalist of Iranian descent who, for the trouble of trying to highlight the abuses in Iranian prisons, was kidnapped, raped, tortured, and murdered by some pretty high-up officials. The Iranian fuckers denied Cdn. authorities a proper autopsy at first and prosecuted only a minion. He was found guilty but his conviction was over-turned.

I have nothing against Iranian citizens, but the powers that be are a bunch of neanderthal evil fucks, IMNSHO…

If homosexuality is merely a human possibility then I say EVERYONE has the potential to “be homosexual” to “take part in homosexuality” but this doesn’t tell us anything more…

Sexuality isn’t hardwired! But often, a person’s reason for thinking they only have one rigid, typecast sexuality IS actually hardwired in theirm ind! O, the Power Of Social Conditioning - indeed!

If repression has indeed been the fundamental link between power, knowledge, and sexuality since the classical age, it stands to reason that we will not be able to free ourselves from it except at a considerable cost.
Michel Foucault

i.e. loosing some delusions of understanding!

If it is not hardwired, why do homosexuals choose to be homosexual considering the discrimination, at times they are murdered, or brutalized by the intolerant. Scientific studies are currently researching this. One homosexual scientist conducted autopsies of homosexual men and they all had an undersized hippocampus. This is not conclusive, and the researcher is biased, but it is food for thought.

Why do so many homosexuals, after years of marraige, choose to leave their mates for a person of their same sex? This is expensive, and causes much pain for the family, the people who they love. They often claim to love their children, but were suffocating as they were not attracted to their mate, never really were, but were simply following the status quo.

IMO, I do believe it is hardwired.

Hey, we can agree to disagree.

Almost none of us “choose” our behavior. Rather, we get conditioned into our behavior by envirnonmental forces. That’s why most of us wear pants and enjoy TV as opposed to hunting lions and wearing loin clothes.

It’s call Behavioral Conditioning.

I disagree on the television bit, as it always puts me to sleep as most of it is rubbish. At the moment I haven’t a telly and do not miss it, except for Sunday Morning.

You are right in that we are conditioned by much in our environment, actually, we are lazy compared to our ancestors. Yes, I almost always wear pants.

My point was not about being lazy, rather it was about whatever society that you live in shaping you without your knowing it or having chosen it. Even if you are the biggest rebel that you know you are still a rebel as defined by this culture.

So, it is very possible that gay people are made the way they are by family, individual, and societal forces that they did not choose. Thus, they are not responsible for the way they are. However, that does not mean that they are born the way that they are either just as I am not a “born” American.

So, one can say that that they don’t think being gay is natural and not be stuck with having to deal with the choice question.

Hum, how do you explain the fact that many, if not most homosexuals were raised in straight, conservative homes? Also, considering that fact that most individuals are straight, and gays are surrounded by straight people, they still see themselves as homosexual.?

Just curious.

[/quote]
If it is not hardwired, why do homosexuals choose to be homosexual considering the discrimination, at times they are murdered, or brutalized by the intolerant.
[/quote]

Good question…but by saying sexuality is hard wired does not necessarily say I think it is a choose…it is rather a condition of that person…to be understood best as PATHOLOGY…but not necessarily in any pejorative sense…

[/quote]
One homosexual scientist conducted autopsies of homosexual men and they all had an undersized hippocampus.
[/quote]

So what does this suggest - that homosexuals have bad memory? that bad memory leads to homosexuality? I used to always think that behind every homosexual was an extremely erotic childhood…but that is a HUGE generalisation…not conclusive!

[/quote]
Why do so many homosexuals, after years of marraige, choose to leave their mates for a person of their same sex?
[/quote]

Why do so many heterosexuals, after years of marriage, choose to leave their mates for a person of the opposite sex? Called it PROMISCUITY, call it UNWITTING PIGAMY…

[/quote]
This is expensive, and causes much pain for the family, the people who they love. They often claim to love their children, but were suffocating as they were not attracted to their mate, never really were, but were simply following the status quo.
[/quote]

There are many stories of gay men who still live happily with their Wives…I know this is hardly “The Perefect Family Guide” but it can happen…

The complexities of human sexuality for some people should not suggests that they somehow “are not responsible” for it!

Note on gay genetic: Of course if there was a GAY gene many ask - How in God’s name could it be reproduced? Well, with a little imagination…I think…must a gene be inherited, and in the inheritance is there not itself a new creation! The gay gene let’s say is not passed on it is created…it has a distinctly make up!

Y’know to a certian extent I don’t care if homosexuality is INBUILT or PRO-CREATED! Any sexologist ANYONE for that matter will tell you that HUMAN SEXUALITY is as various as the shapes and colours of PEPPERS!!

Next time you don’t understand why “things and beings” don’t adhere to totally uniformity - consult your grocer!

Someone in this forum said before something along the lines of - “Psychology demonstrates mans need to “repair” reality rather than accept it or endure it”

:astonished:

Dear Colin

Oh, I dunno. It indicates that perhaps sexual labels are simply useful signifiers for past behaviour and present desires rather than cornerstones of some final model of the mind.

Or certainly a lot of people seem to change their sexual orientation as they go through life. Some people even change their sex, but that is just inexplicable to me…

One can inherent ideas or at least the propensity to think and feel in certain ways, from one’s ancestors and parents. To me this seems so obvious now, whereas when I was in my near-nihilistic existentialist phase I’d have thrown the idea out the window.

True.

Aspacia,

“Hum, how do you explain the fact that many, if not most homosexuals were raised in straight, conservative homes?”

Well, it could be argued that some conservative straight homes can produce homosexuals. Let’s say that there are very traditional ideas about man and female roles in the house. Also, there are very intense ideas about success and failure in the house. Then you have a boy or a girl that believes that for some reason that they can’t be the perfect boy or girl, so they quietly rebel and become the other. The frail boy that can’t be the football star hears this unrelentingly message and decided that “hey, I’m like a girl,” and follows through on it.

Another idea is that the opposite sex role model is just disgusting and hateful, but maintains a certain high level of power through their bad behavior. This might be the diva mom or the tyrant cold hearted dad. The kid gets turned off by the opposite sex, but is really fascinated by them at the same time, so it is best to take on the persona of the opposite sex and do like they do. It seems like the most powerful path.

That is something that most of us that have consciously decided how that we would like to act decided on our behavioral path. We had a hero or an image of how we would like to be in life and copied it.

So, that’s how straight people can make a gay kid. It’s not about sex, but about gender roles and how they affect our mentality.

Meanwhile, I bet that having gay parents might make one anti-gay as that would be an expression of rebellion. However, I don’t think that that experiment is worth pursuing.

i aggree with her and besides i was gay once so i understand the situation.

i have a friend who is a lesbian. her parents are messed up. her dad has beaten every one of 5 children. my friend and her twin sister are 21 and their siblings are between 25 and 30 something. they have thanksgiving and christmas without their parents because they are so messed up and they all hate them so much.

my friend specifically told me that she doesnt believe that she will be a lesbian for the rest of her life. her twin is bisexual and only lesbian with a particalularly adorable little asian.

ive made out with this particular friend because i am a very nice, caring, nerdy male who would never beat the shit out of her like some males she knows. she specifcally told me that she was afraid of men as a direct result of her father. she really opened up psychological doors with me that i wasnt expecting. and i subsequently dumped her ass so fast she didnt know what sex she was. jk.

however, this particular lesbian is girlishly beautiful. she wears makeup, her hair is long, her clothes sexy and youd never know she was a lesbian just by looking at her. but she has had a long term relationship with a lesbian who i very much believed was a man when i first saw her.

what im saying is that there are apparently two types of gays. chemical and psychological. oh my god im republican!!! BARF

regardless of what i may believe about how my friend reacted to her abusive dad, i think its amazingly ridiculous to deny people of what they believe they want if it hurts nobody besides themselves.

Well, it’s just a double straw man, ain’t it? If I say homosexuality is genetic, you say “Well, his parents obviously weren’t gay” or “how come they didn’t all die out if they don’t breed?” If you say homosexuality is a choice, then I say “Yeah right, like someone is going to wake up one morning and just decide to be gay…”. The whole choice/genetics debate seems to exist for no reason other than for both sides to make asses of each other.
If it’s genetic, it’s not genetic like eye-color. If it’s a choice, it’s not a choice like picking out which shirt to wear. In the end, it’s all very irrelevent, because people (even gay people) are in control of what they choose to do. If homosexuality is wrong, then whatever causes it is obviously not so compelling that we have to turn a blind eye to the behavior. If it’s not wrong, then who cares what causes it- its’ not as though anyone is looking for a ‘cure’.

aggree :smiley: she deserves a rose :).

no different than other sins

homosexuality is loveless and based on selfishness and self fulfilling fantasies. literal self love and unmutual.

hypocritical to scold, relinquishing to promote.

some psychologists tend to view people as powerless sperms floating in their environment unable to change

consider the abused lesbian daughter.
although you may initialy think her father is responsible, maybe he was beaten as a child. then you say “ok the grandfather is responsible” but the chain is never ending. everything is a web. in the end everyone is responsible for themselves (existential paradox for sin ie"aa" lol) sin spreads, and if you dont stop it with yourself than you become a contributing factor and self pity is unrealistic, justification is unrealistic

homosexuality is wrong because its selfish and loveless.

maybe some people are prone to different sins, i dont know if you can disprove or prove this scientificaly. but that makes no difference. there’s only one way to fight, and everyone has to fight. no one is exempt. so dont be a hypocrite

sorry its unorganized