how different is term overman/superman to God???

think about it, that which is over or beyond man… wow! god is dead!.. but still we strive for a beyond/better than man, god or not… instead of metaphysical we go futuristic… better/other than what we are------ underlying all this, i think Nietzsche had a somewhat dry sense of humor in conjuring this up (he was one or a few steps ahead)… but of course few get very far in zarathustra

my ? is, does anyone get what i’m saying? (with response i will eleaborate.)

Are you saying that Nietzsche purposely replaced one god(Christian) with another god(overman), in order to once again preoccupy us with delusions of grandeur? Nietzsche’s greatest joke…

Nietzsche was a master of psychology, it has been said that every theory freud came up with can be traced back to Nietzsche, and concequently Nietzsche had the incite to recognize that humans need something to rely on, a type of god or superior being to make everything alright. (Such a description does not give justice to the genius of Nietzsche, but to avoid a long diatribe I will leave it at that.) God as a psychology, rather than god as a supernatural being. Nietzsche recognized that man through reason and the nihiliation of god would come upon a time when there was nothing left to look forward to, and he called that time modern Europe. The infinitely optimistic Nietzsche saw not a god nor a man to fill the void that the Death of God left, and thus avoid the stagnation of the last man. Instead he created a man that becomes god, that fills the void, but does so without being supernatural and without metaphysical trash.

But how can man fill a void left by a god? Man himself becomes the god in a sense, man doesn’t necessarily need to fill to void, instead man transcends the void and becomes the god.(Using “god” as denoting the psychological disease)

Man destroyed god, and what better to replace god than man himself?

If you’re trying to get at what I think you’re getting at, then I think you misunderstand Nietzsche:)

Nihilistic, i’m of a minority that thinks that the overman was abondoned in Zarathustra… my observation above is the purpose of Nietzsche starting with that… Nietzsche started out by predicting what would probly happen if the idea that “god is dead” has to accepted… the prediction people would try to make man god by some sort of transcendence… from my perspective Nietzsche was trying to show us how to avoid the road toward seeking transcendence… the word nietzsche prefered was AFFIRMATION

if we go back to what Nietzsche said in his earliest writings, what he saw about man not completely evolved was our consciouness which was developed by us to survive… but its primary function is to lie… and part fo the problem with it being in its middle stages of developement was that we develope ressentiments from holding onto memories that we should let go of (this ressentment is why he was against the moral world order)… his “most abyssmal thought” was a most extreme way of laying it out on the table… can you affirm live for what it is (forever changing), not just once, but affirm it enough to want it over and over again? because, until we can get to that stage of affirmation, we haven’t made it far enough to give value back to the world without that value being somehow founded somewhere outside of it… like in Heaven, God, The Ideal or The Good etc… (this is why transcenedence is a sticky word to use) Zarathustra, in alot of ways, is nothing more than a thought exercise/crucible… that’s why i wish people would make further than the overman parody in the first chapter… anyone that gets all the way through has to notice that after the beggining chapter the overman is rarely even mentioned anymore…

Nietzsche developed the Overman not to combat or replace Transcedence, as that was destroyed by reason, but rather to avoid the last man. I remember nothing of Zarathustra or anything else I’ve read where Nietzsche feared man would replace god with another god. It seems to me that “God is dead” directly referrences the psychological dependencies on transcedence.
However a slippery slope could arise from this, and one must keep in mind that all Nietzsche’s critiques on religion and the heard people reference the populace before the last man.

I’ll get to the second part of your post at a later time.