How is THAT determined? Huh Magnus? Huh Peacegirl? Tell me..

Laugh Out Loud!

Stop spreading BULLSHIT!

If you take a picture of a house of cards collapsing, is it building up or is it collapsing down? How long of a moment does the picture capture? Does it capture the whole moment? What would a 3-D print out of a God’s I/eye view of the moment look like? What amount of time does each page of a flipbook/slide of film account for? If you push fast forward will the house of cards really build up faster (that’s rewind dumbass) or I mean collapse down faster, and in the same way, or would it violate the laws of physics and go boom?

If you take a picture…

…does it really last longer?

…in a parallel universe?

lol jk

What a fascist Neo-Nazi authoritarian.

If you spread pureed bullshit evenly over a surface, could you lay flooring on it in place of that glue stuff?

Why is everyone so angry?

bullshit over cards or something

Sounds like the name of a breakfast.

We didn’t go over it in the past. We remember what we went over, but we went over it in the present. Are you saying when I give my children a kiss goodbye, I’m giving it in the past? :astonished:

You are talking about contingencies, and I only can make a calculated guess what I will do tomorrow because something could change my plans. Again, this is not relevant to the discussion. The only thing that can be predicted – once this discovery is confirmed valid and applied globally — is the hurt against others that will no longer be, not whether I will decide on going to the store or visiting a friend.

I added this to a previous post.

Unwrong: This is why you believe in “Determinism” so strongly. You don’t have control of yourself, or the world around you.

Peacegirl: No Unwrong. I understand your concern, but please trust me that there is nothing to fear. There is only good to come out of the truth. :heart:
[/quote]

Light and dark are opposites. Death and life are opposites. If we are alive, we are not dead. If we are dead, we are not alive. Free will and determinism are opposites. We cannot have freedom of the will and no freedom of the will. They cancel each other out. IOW, we cannot have the ability to have chosen otherwise and not have the ability to have chosen otherwise. Good and evil are relative terms. What is evil to one person is not evil to another but we can agree on this: No one wants to be hurt which only means having someone do something to us that we don’t want done to ourselves. This knowledge allows us to snip off the evil (the hurt that no one wants) and add good. Who would not want that?

You are remembering what happened in the past. You are “watching a movie” that was recorded in the past. It takes time to watch a movie. So if the memory is a 10 minute memory of what occurred in the past, and you start watching the 10 minute memory, it takes 10 minutes to “remember it” in its entirety as it happened. So the 10 minute memory was in the past that started 20 minutes ago, and it took you 10 minutes to remember it. You are never in a “present” because there is no “present” duration of time. “Now” is the end of the past. The end point of the past is now, and the start point of the future is now. There is no “gap” between the past and the future, there is simply a point in time that we call “now.”

But you are watching a movie that was recorded (which is no longer happening in real time) in the present.

The gap is now. It’s this very moment. Right now is all that exists in reality. Our memories of what just happened make it feel as if the past exists, but it’s a trick of the brain. Time or duration is a measurement of change. When a pool ball rolls down the table, we are watching it roll in the present. Time measures the distance between when the ball started and when it went into the pocket, but it’s all happening in the present.

What is the duration of the gap?

It’s an instant. Every instant is a snapshot of the present. Each snapshot from one moment to the next adds up to a duration of time that can be measured, but time itself does not prove that the present doesn’t exist even if it’s for a nanosecond. The here and now is the gap where past and future converge.

As MagsJ always says, now is the graviton.

So about 3 seconds?

Peacegirl: There is a gap and that is this moment.

Motor Daddy: What is the duration of the gap?

It’s an instant.

So about 3 seconds?

Peacegirl: You keep talking about duration. Your premise is that the flow of time cancels out the present. So when I am looking at a table, for example, what am I looking at? The past? The future? I see the table at the present moment, don’t I? I go out of the room and now I remember looking at the table. It’s now the past. I’m not sure why you believe the present doesn’t exist when the present is ALL that exists.

When you look at a table, the light travels a wavelength over a duration of time. Since the table is a distance away from your eye, and light takes time to travel a distance, then YES, YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE PAST, and the exact point in time that you are looking is the end of the past and the beginning of the future.

You know how Monday ends and Tuesday begins, and there is no “gap” between them? Well that is the past and the future with no gap between them.

The speed of light is 299,792,458 meters per second.

Frequency is how many cycles per second, which is measured as the unit Hertz, which 1 Hertz is 1 cycle per second.

So a radio channel with a frequency of 27.185 MHz means that there is 27,185,000 cycles per second, or 27,185,000 Hertz.

299,792,458 divided by 27,185,000 = 11.028 meters. So the wavelength is 11.028 meters with a frequency of 27,185,000, which multiplied together is 299,792,458 m/s, the speed of light.

Light is what travels from the table to your eye. So the light that hits your eye is from the past. That light traveled a distance from the table to your eye, over a duration of time.

Ever notice that you see the light from lightening before you hear the thunder? Sound is slower than light! They both took time to travel from where they originated to get to your eyes and ears. That is from THE PAST! When it hits you the clock stops and it’s game over.

That might be what science believes is happening, but this author refutes that we see the past at all. He claims that light travels at 299,792,458 meters per second, and it takes 8 minutes for light from the sun to reach the eye, but once light is present, the eyes see objects in real time, not delayed time. He says that the eyes are not a sense organ like the other 4 because no images on the waves of light are being carried to the eye. You will have to accept his premise that the past is in the mind only (if you want to move forward) and that nothing from the past CAUSES the present, which is a problem in the way determinism is presently defined.