How would You like to die?

i decided;to;edit this out totally, thank god recognized it as totally without any merit.

Think you can edit the title too.

It really was not too bad nd the title is misleading. It was a type of questionaire, thatif one is th type of person who thinks about the-way to die, the place, the mannerof which, and You had afew months to live, how would You manage Your life in that time. Since Your comment showed me the title was misleading, i felt compelled to address it.

Sorry to confuse you. The title without a body of content was what I was addressing. I was curious enough to click on the post only to find you had removed the content. I was merely suggesting to replace the title with something less curious. Something like “Mods please remove this”, as there is no content left.

Sorry to confuse you. The title without a body of content was what I was addressing. I was curious enough to click on the post only to find you had removed the content. I was merely suggesting to replace the title with something less curious. Something like “Mods please remove this”, as there is no content left.

Suddenly and without warning.

In my sleep.

Perhaps by leaving it content less, befits the ambiguity. It could have meant the quiery as to anyone’s wish to die, such as those to whom life has become a terrible burden or pain, or, it may be an inquiery as to which way a forthcoming death would

be desired. My lack of content erased the specificity of the exact meaning, and as death is very

ambiguous as Shakespeare pointed out, where the merits or demerits of very existence are questioned, by fairly rational minds. What content would You

figure into such an ambiguity? Nothwithstanding the state of mind, whether it be nobler in the mind to listen to an apprehension?

Specifically, if You decided in the positive,then what

method would you , could You choose? Or would You be unable to choose, and leave the choice to others?

Irrellus and Reasonable understood the ambiguity, but they did not answer the first implied question, of if, they came to the position of having to choose between dying and sign advanced directives that no extraordinary measures be taken?-thereby leaving it to others when such a time of death would be appropriated? Unconsciousness in a sleeping state, is the best way, and it is really the optimal choice, but the lack of certainty with this happening gives the question further extension of elaboration such as, what are the chances of this happening, and if this way of dying will not happen, then the question is still outstanding.

My own father could not go to sleep the last ten years of his life, and had to have very strong sedatives and sleeping pills, to not to have to be conscious at the time. So sleep it’s self may become an issue at the time, which it’s sef can become a sub choice. I believe that this happens all the time in so called suicides, where increasingly large doses of drugs have to be administered to enhance sleep.

Knowingly. In other words, I wouldn’t really mind having some notice so that i could sit down and write some Love letters to those who I love and to those who have made such a difference in my life…letting them know what they mean to me and the difference they’ve made in my life…how very grateful I am that we took a part of a journey together.

Aside from that, before those final moments, I would like to be taken to the ocean to watch the awesome waves as they come in, to listen to the sound of the surf and watch the seagulls as they sail across the sky and hear their beautiful haunting cry, and to hold a seashell in my hand. At midnight, after I’ve lain on the sand and seen the stars for the last time and that beautiful indigo sky, I will take my final breath and die happy - waiting for something or nothing more. After all, what more could there be after that - if I’m going anyway

It would be nice to die for a cause or person, you know, going out in a blaze of glory - brandishing a sword, until nothingness devours you. Vikings and Samurai glorified death in battle - two of my favorite cultures.

That WOULD certainly be a worthy death, especially if it was a child.

Yesterday a regular poster on another forum I visit was shot dead by her estranged husband who then took his own life.

What was particularly crushing is someone posted her 911 call (it was in Texas). She had a gun and cowered in the bathroom frantic and totally terrified. She knew what was about to happen and for a minute or so she kept talking to the 911 dispatcher as her ex husband came after her. Then a gun shot, the sound of a body falling and silence. The police found the two bodies when they arrived.

Well… I wouldn’t ‘like’ to die.

Sorry for your loss or forums loss. I don’t understand what the point is of doing things like that or why people do.

Thanks Artimas, I only posted that because it was strange to go from a forum where a prominent poster was murdered to another which asked ‘how would you like to die?’

I would like to die in the future sometime… But not today.

I want to know it’s happening but I don’t want it to be painful.

I want to drink hemlock at 80 years old, tired and worn out, with all my assets being spent on something fun and exciting.

If you live hard and fast you could tire yourself out before 80… save yourself some time and save me the taxes.

That’s a When. What’s the How?