Human worth

What is the worth of a human? It can only be measured individually, as an individual and directly by other individuals. Everything else is impossible.

Humans have already proven their “worth” is basically zero, especially in the last 2 years. But eh, we as individuals still ascribe value to people we know and love. Ignorance and every other sin can apparently be forgiven in our individual push to produce meaning in the world or at least in our own lives.

What has humanity proven, as a “collective noun”? Well I suppose the same thing it’s proven over and over in history: that it’s happily willing to look the other way while other people are killed, tortured, slaughtered, destroyed completely. Yep, that’s humanity. A massive will to soul-blindness. Covid only proved what history has already shown so many times.

But oh I suppose we can forgive people because they were deliberately deceived. Huh. I don’t see it that way. If humans can only be decent, good, moral, intelligent, courageous when they’re not being subject to psychological attacks of informational warfare and propaganda then what does that even say about the “goodness” of people anyway? Not a whole lot.

humans have proven their worth is basically 0?

who did they prove that to? plants? animals?

make it make sense

Thanks for proving my point.

LDS teach that we have a huge value to God.
He loves us even more than our physical parents do.

Quite a confused text.
The last two years have been characterised by a search, invention and distribution of several vaccines. Why? Surely this is all done because human have worth? Economies have been shrunk ,and depleted by lockdowns; isolations and socail distancing. Why? Surely to protect vulnerable humans and to minimise their deaths?
COVID has proven this at a least that there are alternatives to slaughter and torture.
WHat planet have you lived on in the last two years?

I need to know what ‘Human’ is before I can determine his/her/its worth……

Take into consideration:
Those who are dehumanized,
Those who are humanized,
And those who are inhumane.

What does it all mean?

To be ‘Human’ doesn’t mean only-bodily, only-intellectual, but also Moral. A person must have a Moral-standing. And in that, is that not a Man or Woman’s Worth? Is that Worth also their ‘Humanity’? If this is true, then you seem to ask the question backward—first one is Human, and then one develops Worth, not the other way around, n’est pas?

Is a fertilized embryo, a Human?
Does it have Human Rights?
Does a child?

If only a subject can assign value, then if we all stop caring, everything stops having value. But there is one Super Subject who will never stop caring.

You can take that to the bank and blow it up.

‘In the individual, insanity is an exception, in the masses it is the rule’. The same goes for evil. This is what happens in a large society, the laws of the common denominator come to rule, the lowest. The dumbest people get the most traction because everyone can understand them. The most courageous people are exorcised, like in all prison states of history. That is why the good, in its outset, is almost always covert, cryptocratic.

As to the value - obviously those who do these brutal things have a value that is of far less than zero. I dont want to estimate value of the slaves that pull the carts for the brutal, as I know that many of them are actually decent when you catch them alone or in family setting, making for an unresolvable ethical dilemma, but the scum that engineers these atrocities, to give them a value of 0 would seem very generous.

Coming back to the same thing by the way, numbers, masses – we cant give a general value to humans, only specific valuations work - to give a general valuation to great quantity of individuals is a savagery.

But that by definition of being can never happen, as being is valuing and nothing besides.

No good to delegate responsibility for your value to your lord entirely. Though I am a religious man, I know those that are not who have no less knowledge of love or value than I do. For me, valuation has much to do with my Gods, but I acknowledge that this is simply because of the type of human I am.

so obviously we need to define the sort of value/valuing, or care/caring that is good, not crappy

This goes back to the golden rule. I can’t expand on that at this time. However there’s something that only takes two hours to read linked at my thread, good news of the kingdom.

Yeah, everyone already does that. We all make determinations and judgments about what is good or bad. That’s as basic as it gets. And as obvious.

And what I wrote about in this topic goes beyond these merely basic levels.

If you wanna splash around in the kid pool I guess that’s ok. No one is going to stop you.

And still no one here even gets close to understanding what I was saying with this topic. It’s only proving my point.

“everyone already does that”

Lol. A supposed philosophy professor once said the exact same thing to me during class. Absolute cop out.

K: more garbage… you are trying to make a case that human beings are full of “ignorance”
and full of sin… your case fails on many levels and I will attack this in thread
I will create later today…

Kropotkin

Glad you’re unable to address the points I made. Thanks again for proving my point with this topic.

You of all people exemplify exactly what this topic is all about.

I think you might want to actually make a valid point before anyone feels obligated to respond.

What you said was quite a confused text.
The last two years have been characterised by a search, invention and distribution of several vaccines. Why? Surely this is all done because human have worth? Economies have been shrunk ,and depleted by lockdowns; isolations and socail distancing. Why? Surely to protect vulnerable humans and to minimise their deaths?
COVID has proven this at a least that there are alternatives to slaughter and torture.
What planet have you lived on in the last two years?

K: more grand pronouncements with nothing to compare it to…
be specific, name names, bring out points… compare me to something,
why this particular thread fails in doing… there is nothing being compared
to…

Kropotkin

Yes.
Ranking of types of valuation, so valuing of valuing. That is the crux of philosophy.

K: that is the crux of Nietzsche’s philosophy, not of philosophy in general…

Kropotkin

…you beat me to it Peter, my thoughts exactly… though I wouldn’t say that ‘valuing’ plays no part in philosophy, it’s just not pivotal to it.