I can fashion you up a phrase (game)

I can fashion you up a phrase, but my content blows like something that blows.

Have you ever found yourself to value the way you say things over what you actually have to say?

If you have, this is the game for you! I have long considered the cleverly turned platitudes of historical quotes to lose all “umpf” when said like a simpleton.

Here is your chance to break away from the power of the subject you debate so rightly. The game is easy. Just say something, anything to you care nothing for . . . but make it sound good. The merits will not be judged by the idea expressed, or what it even means, but rather . . . how it sounds. You don’t have to be eloquent, as style does whatever it wants, but eloquence when saying something stupid is a sure prize.

So start sounding off . . .

I’ll go first:

“I have never known myself to write well, but damn, do I scribble more better than good.”

“I’ll be home when I get home, unless I get home before that.”

“No matter where you go, there you are…” -Buckaroo Banazi

-Imp

I’ve said this elsewhere. People say they like it even if they can’t adhere to it.

“Curiosity killed the cat, but hey, at least the feline found out.”

“Don’t talk about it, be about it.”

…or as Moses would have it, “Be about the bush!”

“A man without goals is without direction, for he knows not his destination.”

WWTFD

what would the founding fathers do?

“Who be the friends and who be the foes, and what be the ends of my ho-ish doe?”

“KILL THE WABBIT!!!” - fudd

-Imp

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, so burn it, burn it all

Blank?? … BLANK???

“The grass is greener on the other side, but hey, whoever said the greener the grass the better?”

“I love the smell of napalm in the morning… It smells like victory…” -kilgore

-Imp