If you have the time ...

If you have a spare 30 mins, check out http://www.thecannabisexperience.info

It’s a survey about cannabis use and everyday life.

Yeah, I know you’re probably wondering why you should bother - well, you might find it interesting, you’d be helping out a struggling student…

But the best reason is if you want to know why cannabis use affects different people in different ways, or how much you can use before it has an impact on your life, or does it really cause depression - these are some of the qs I’m hoping to answer.

Anyway, take a look at the site, see what you think, and if you think it’s worth the time - tell your friends.

Cheers.

i did half of it, and then realised i didnt have the attention span for it. i shouldve trusted you on the “30 min” thing. anyways, i felt bad for filling out half for nothing, so i finfished all of it, and it was kinda worth it cos you always find things out about yourself in those kind of quizzes…

Thanks for doing it. I know it’s a little long, but there’s heaps I want to find out. :smiley:

Sounds more like there’s hemp you want to find out about.

Sounds like you’re almost talking about drinking alcohol: affects people differently, how soon till it takes over your life, long-term effects. But it is a more potentially harmful drug than alcohol isn’t it? Still, sounds like good research subject.

mrn

hahaha…“hemp” you want to ind out…hahaha :laughing:

Yeah - I think that if would be great to be able to say to people who use or who are going to use marijuana that you can use X amount with no problems, then at this amount you might find these effects, and using this much is going to result in these sorts of problems. We know all this for alcohol, but really know nothing like this sort of info for cannabis.

I think, with regards to levels of damage alcohol and cannabis do, there isn’t really much in the way of comparable data. As a worse case scenario, using cannabis can trigger psychosis/schizophrenia in people with a predisposition. But, for the vast majority of people low levels of use don’t seem to do any harm. Heavy use may be different - but researchers don’t seem to be able to agree on a definition of what heavy use is, so there is little consensus about the relative dangers of such use.

Anyway, thanks for taking part/showing interest.

No.
Do people get high and get violent?
No, they get relaxed and hungry.
Do people get drunk and get violent?
Yes. Drunks fight and abuse loved ones.

Do people get high and cause car accidents?
No, all research shows marijuana actually creates more cautious drivers.
Can the same be said for alcohol? Of course not.

Do people get physically addicted to weed? No.
Alcohol? Yes, alcohol ruins lives because of it’s addictive properties.

Can you ‘overdose’ on weed, and die because of it? No, and no.
Yes on both counts for alcohol.

Do people become physically disabled/ill from smoking too much pot? Of course not
Alcohol? Yes, people stumble, trip, and puke.

Put the alcohol away and roll a fat one for the doc.