ILP rules and the permaban of Lys?

It’s a comprehension issue. Sometimes people think someone is a good writer because the writer is hard to read, and they think that he’s smarter than them because hard to read stuff must be really powerful complex stuff. But sometimes the hard to readness of it is just a bunch of window dressing to try and obfuscate a view thats actually simple, and retarded. Then other times a person doesn’t like a certain writer because they are clear, concise, to the point and logical…and those kinds of writers are hard to disagree with, and if you disagree with them then it’s a hard thing to cope with simple truth right in fronf of you.

Just a thought that occurred to me seeing the new and already locked thread about tolerance…

Couldn’t everybody who was bothered by Lys simply use the ignore function on her? Since there are obviously more people who want her here, than those who do not…

I know this won’t change the decision, but it is just another indicator that this is about censoring a certain type of ideas, not a specific person because they are disturbing.

Blocking is useful when a particular user has a problem with another user. It is not the solution for spam, nor is it the solution for someone acting as a proxy for a banned user. Since Lys’ ban is based on her spamming and acting as a proxy for another user, the option for other users to block her does not impugn the legitimacy of her ban.

Who administrates and who moderates on the webforum “Know Thyself”?

I have only just joined both sites so cannot comment with any degree of authority but I like new forums for it is always a different experience because each one is unique in its own right. There does seem to be bad blood between the two sites and particular individuals but I have zero desire to add to that as that is not how I roll. I am far more interested in the informed opinions of those wiser than me on all matters philosophical and non philosophical also. Already see that Fixed Cross here and Satyr at Know Thyself have fundamentally different worldviews to mine which I openly welcome. And from reading Satyrs own words over there he seems to be an intelligent man and wise beyond his years. But he can be incredibly offensive to his peers though they seem to take it much as he gives it and as someone who believes in absolute free speech my self cannot complain about anyones discourse. I will only be posting over here for reasons of practicality as there are only so many forums one can be active on even if you do have twenty four hours free every day as I do. But I shall still read Know Thyself on a regular basis. Apparently not much philosophy is discussed on this forum in spite of its name so will try in my own insignificant way to add to that deficiency. As I am genuinely interested in serious debate and so hopefully can contribute material of substance. Now there is no more I can say at this point in time other than to wish both sites all the best