I'm thinking of leaving this site...should I?

I was an atheist for years. I understand their losing position. The atheists have been bested by Aquinas, Augustine and Pascal.

Why would anyone want to leave Heaven?

It’s eternal joy.

P.S. Jesus is God.

Thanks.

It would be nice if there were some more theists around:)

Actually it’s peace(joy and love mixed together).

Jesus is God?

Wendy,

Yes, according to Christianity.

God impregnated Mary with himself? I don’t understand this.

Father, Son, and Holy ghost are three separate “things.” Holy ghost, to me, is the soul which is found in us, God, and Jesus. God is the Father of all intelligence, consciousness. Jesus is God’s son, sent to Earth on a mission.

It’s not separate. The Trinity is God in 3 parts.

It’s like water can be in 3 parts; ice, liquid and snow

I disagree. The trinity is important in its order(Father, Son, Holy ghost),it is not one being, more like what one being has shared of himself in forming creation and looking after it. Jesus is a caretaker for Earth.

If Jesus and God were synonymous, we wouldn’t be using two names. While God is happy with Jesus, Jesus serves God, not the other way around. Jesus spoke with God on several occasions in the Bible which wouldn’t been necessary if the two were one. The holy ghost is the soul, the giver of life, from God. Jesus is Savior and judge but not the Creator, God.

Wendy,

Jesus is fully God and fully human; the God Man. That’s what Christianity teaches.

Are you Mormon?

Just curious.

No, not Mormon. Not any denomination. I have never heard that being taught. Jesus is the being most like God in his pure nature, but not God himself.

This explains it:

catholic.com/magazine/print … sus-is-god

That link agrees with me that the Godhead and Jesus are not one and the same. While Jesus has a deity status, God is greater.

Wendy,

In the Trinity, Jesus is equal to God.

catholic.com/magazine/onlin … he-trinity

Where is that stated in the bible? Your link did not acknowledge that. Does Jesus say that he is equal to God?

To promote Jesus as the Godhead is erroneous and sacrilegious to God who created Jesus with his Holy Spirit.

The word “Trinity” is not in the Bible. It was developed later.

Here’s an article about Jesus claiming to be God.

catholic.com/magazine/onlin … -to-be-god

Well… technically, Jesus did claim that I am in the father and the father is within me, and that this is a great mystery.

You need to quote the Bible rather than sending me to link that does not quote the Bible in full but takes a few words from a verse, book and assigns the churches idea of what it means.

If you want to discuss the Bible I will, but I won’t take a churches interpretation over the words I find directly and fully in the Bible.

Of course a son is in a father’s heart, both made from the holy ghost of God, God’s consciousness, God’s soul. Jesus has a soul, a part of the holy ghost of God in him as do you and I.

Being related is all that Jesus is claiming.

Wendy,

Not everything Christians believe is in the Bible. Jesus didn’t write the Bible. He spread his message through oral tradition. The Bible came later. :slight_smile:

If it’s not in the Holy Bible old or new, I don’t pay it any serious attention. I do like to learn about other books that were not included in either Bible Testaments, but they carry no weight with me. And the interpretations and made up works of denominations mean nothing, only the Bible…unspun.

Well, you make up your own Biblical interpretation when you read it.

That’s why there are thousands of different denominations.