Imagination

Well … what is your opinion?

Murdoc,

“I am happy without this silly definition.”

Dunamis

Haha, very clever Dunamis, BUT this one is worth defining.

Murdoc,

When you figure out what “human” is, you might have a clue what “imagination” is.

Dunamis

Very true … my mistake. I hit submit on my response too soon.

Originally, I wasn’t looking for a definition to the word imagination just your opinion on the matter. I am curious as to what people think of imagination. For example, shamans believe it to be the gateway to the spiritual realm.

Murdoc,

“Originally, I wasn’t looking for a definition to the word imagination just your opinion on the matter. I am curious as to what people think of imagination.”

1. There is an “edit” button so that you can change your post after you have submitted it, and a “delete” button so that you can repost it all together.

2. It is customary to state your view on an idea, to flesh out an opinion, or detail a number of questions you might hope to find answers to so that people have something to comment on, rather than play word association. If you contribute your thoughts, others will probably have more to contribute as well, don’t you think?

Dunamis

I usually avoid any editing or deleting because it causes confusion in the discussion. You are right about number 2, though. I admit that I was leaving the topic very open. But, I wanted it this way. I think I stated exactly what I was looking for … opinions. By the way, what is your opinion on imagination?

My opinion would be the same as the shamans. I am leaving my opinion very vague because I don’t want too much focus on what I think.

Murdoc,

" By the way, what is your opinion on imagination?"

Its really too vague a question, other than for me to say that its a nice thing and I’m in favor of it.

Dunamis

Why is it a nice thing and why are you in favor of it?

Murdoc,

Its a nice thing because it by and large is pleasurable.

I’m in favor of it because when people try to do away with it, they usually mean no good.

Dunamis

I think you are also guilty of being vague, my friend. C’mon don’t be shy. Spit it out.

Why do you think it is pleasurable?

What do you mean by meaning no good? And why is Imagination the good?

Murdoc,

“I think you are also guilty of being vague, my friend.”

If perhaps I am vague it is because the question is even more vague. You get what you put into it.

Dunamis

Maybe I should just start this topic over some time in the future in more detail. I think that will cause less confusion.

ilovephilosophy.com/phpbb/vi … p?t=139918

ii) Don’t just ask questions. Bring something to the discussion.

this thread does not belong in the philosophy section.

-Imp