Inception [contains spoilers now]

he chose what he THOUGHT was reality over the dream world. but, we know that people can get confused about what is and isn’t reality (in the context of that movie), by example of his wife getting confused about that very thing.

and what about his totem? or was he wrong about how totems could verify reality from dream? or didn’t he care.

perhaps he got confused about what his totem was

yeah. it’s the fact that his kids were exactly like his projections of his kids that definitely struck me as odd. it must have been intentional.

I didn’t take them to be real at the end.
Like I said, his Totem is not a really good indicator.

The better indicator is the illogic of the situation at hand, to me.
I saw Miles being there in America when he’s based in France himself, just to show Cobb the kids, as something lacking sound reason or logic.
Miles was in France, teaching; suddenly he was in America at Cobb and Mal’s house where the kids are?
And who’s taking care of the kids?
They just seem to be hanging around in…limbo…waiting for Cobb.

I don’t think he ever hit reality; he’s just closer than he started to getting back out to reality because now he has closure and separation from his guilt over Mal (which was false guilt…he believed that she died, but she didn’t die).

That closure and separation are better than the shutdown and denial he had before regarding Mal.
Now, at least he accepts the vision of her positively.

That, I think, was the entire endeavor of the Inception of Cobb.

Ambitious movie. Points for that. Bordering on silly at times, though. And yet it seemed to take itself very seriously. Too seriously, I think.

7/10