Infini-scabble

Infini-scabble

I was just thinking of this idea for a game, not sure if it would work?

Its like scrabble but you can use any letters to form a word, the object is to block other players out of the game e.g. by using short words, where collections of them would eventually stop others from making a word. You get one block [stops player from forming a word from that letter in the given direction] per turn which is signified by the symbol >
All letters have a value of 1, the objective is to score highest and the game stops when only one player is left or the others concede. But if another player has a higher score he/she wins ~ so don’t block them out unless you got a higher score, indeed they may seek to get themselves in a position where you can only block them out.

You cannot use the same word twice!

So I could start with:

z-I-p

Begin your word beginning with I or p, or ending in z or I or p.

As I say I don’t know if it will work, but feel free to change the rules as needs be, maybe by adding more blocks to each turn, or to using any letter of the alphabet only once [I don’t really want that limit].

I think it works.

Don’t we have any flash programers around here?

If it works I want 20% :slight_smile: [phone app profits]

Perhaps we could try it out if a few people post their words one at a time, then make the original letter [from the previous word] red.

In a flash program we could have a board too, then perhaps an extra blocker < which may be placed in any non-adjacent space on the board. I like the addition of tactics.

Perhaps ‘the button’ could make a game too, and calculator chess [an idea of mine which uses the keys of a calculator to determine the amount of moves].

Calculator chess exists. The button would make a retarded board game (infinity and all that).

I do like the new rule for blocking non-adjacent squares.

indeed, it could add some interesting tactics. i’ll stick to working out infini-scrabble for now.

Btw I didn’t mean computers playing chess, I meant using calculator/mobile phone keys as something similar to chess pieces ~ 1-9 would be the number of squares [or hexagons maybe] used + the amount of takes.

True, maybe not a board game ~ needs some work.

Consider me a potential collaborator for anything you need, I really like this idea.

Thanks pezer, you’re a gentleman.

All we need is an app programmer now.

:slight_smile:

edit, i’ll see if i can make a pasteable board to test it out.

Perhaps this will suffice for testing purposes

[quote n copy]
[use caps]…

|||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||Z_|_I|P||||||||||||
|
|||||||||__|
>||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||__|

_

|||||||||||Z_|_I|P||||||||||||
|
|||||||||__|
>||_E||||||||||||
|||||||||||||_Z||||||||||||
|
||||||||||||_E||||||||||||
|||||||||||||R|||__|<||||||||
|
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|
|||||||||||||||||||||||__|

Shouldn’t each player have a color to signify that THEY made the play and to make adding the points easier?

Good point, yes I think so. :slight_smile:

This is getting messy :astonished: …If I’m doing it right!

Sorry I forgot to add my blocks [WIP], start again with the first grid with zip wrote in it. Add a > and a non-adjacent < anywhere on the board ~ remember that you are thinking about stopping people from being able to make a work later on. Its probably better to make small words - tactically.

Hmm I think the > should shut off an entire row ~ what do you think?