Insecurity; the need to drag everything down; hopelessness.

I have a theory.

The internet is populated today by uncountable numbers of sufferers of ‘teenage-anxst.’

In the face of a reality to big and complex to understand; in the face of war, suffering, and injustice; in the face of unknown numbers of differing cultures and values systems; in the face of apocolypse; the young (and sometimes the more mature) feel insecure.

They don’t know where to turn for truth.

They are insecure.

They feel small.

They are afraid of being compared to others.

They need to drag everything down to their level.

They need to be able to pigeonhole reality.

They need to feel strong.

They need to step on others to get ahead because they have no talent or intellignece.

They feel hopeless.

They need others to feel hopeless too, so they don’t feel alone, so they don’t feel less than anyone.

They have no faith in themselves.

They have no faith in their fellow man.

They have no faith in the human race in general.

They have no faith.

Too much war, too much suffering for faith.

Fuck faith lets deny our responsibility for others.

Lets take the easy way out.

Lets avoid the hard work, because we are weak.

Lets avoid feeling weak by trying to make others feel weak.

When they feel weak we can make friends with them and say ‘see told you so’.

… pfft…

Get a life losers.

…says the guy who pretends to be a body building girl on the internet

Why do feel so insecure you have to try to define me?

Why are you afraid?

Up, up with People! You see them where-ever you go!!

What ever happened to the “Up With People!” movement? Aaah, those were the days. Oh ya, they were all losers. :cry:

lol

It’s how language works. I’d opt for silence, but then I’d have nothing to distract me from finishing this essay.

…of?

You are afraid of me.

I don’t think so. But for curiosity’s sake, tell me, why would I be afraid of you?

You tell me.

Like I said, I don’t think this is right. But you do, so what are your reasons? What makes you think this?

Your need to define me displays your fear.

Methinks you feel some kind of need to bury the weaknesses and feelings of powerlessness within yourself that you find so repugnant, by engineering self-fulfilling prophecy/response loops in your dealings with others.

Really strong people are kind and patient, and pretty easy going, as well as being able to kick ass and lift small people above their heads. They don’t generally go around shouting “Look at these fucking pecs maaaaan - you puny mortals !!!”

Well, not outside of world of warcraft anyway.

But I forget, I’m on your ignore list. :laughing:

Wassa matter…? Did I threaten you…? :-"

I like lifting people. Just not over my head.

Well, sometimes.

They need to drag everything down to their level.

They need to be able to pigeonhole reality.

They need to step on others to get ahead because they have no talent or intellignece.

They feel hopeless.

They need others to feel hopeless too, so they don’t feel alone, so they don’t feel less than anyone.

They have no faith in themselves.

Lets take the easy way out.

Lets avoid the hard work, because we are weak.

Lets avoid feeling weak by trying to make others feel weak.

When they feel weak we can make friends with them and say ‘see told you so’.

… pfft…

Get a life losers.

Ah. Yes.

The devastating “I will now underline a bit of what you said, quote it back and then cut/paste from the OP” argument.

I bow to your eloquence. Obviously you are right. I suspect you often are.

I just steer clear of negative people - it prevents a whole world of problems from even starting… :smiley:

alph, i find it no less than absolutely astounding that every single thing you wrote here applies to you more than anyone else i can think of on ILP… a more true freudian slip could not have been accomplished, even if you had consciously tried. =D> =P~

ps, you and herd should exchange numbers or something…
:laughing:

kgfozhfhf

this post screams on behalf of its title, and it’s title speaks volumes about its author :laughing:

and the author is a dude =D>

:laughing: