Inventions versus Discoveries

Then even God invented nothing, as there were already materials at hand. I wonder, could God discover anything?

Well, i am not sure of that as it could be either way and i do not want to assume.

But, i am quite sure that invention, in real and true sense, can happen at the level only (if that was true).

Everything else, after that, are merely discoveries or innovations.

with love,
sanjay

But my point is that it can’t even happen at that level, according to your definition.

As i said above that you may be right but i can neither support nor refute this as i do not think myself competent enough to comment either way.

But, let me tell you that what you are proposing is the precise stand of [b]ADVAITA VEDANTA/b school of thought which holds that that there is only one and eternal entity in the cosmos and that is BRAHMAN rest is just MAYA (his illusionay power) that changes shapes with time.

And, my only point was that invention( creation or manifestation) can happen only at that level, and only once, when Brahman exercises his Maya for the first time. After that there cannot be any invention but either innovations or discoveries.

with love,
sanjay

What denotes an invention to me… is something with 2 or more components, and what denotes a discovery… is something with only one component.

What do you mean, Magsj? We can discover the existence of cells by looking at them using a microscope, but cells don’t have only one component. Did I misunderstand you?

:-s