Invisibility of Revolution by Thomas Kuhn

Hello. I am interested to know more about Kuhn’s invisbility of revolutions

→ From the title of the chapter, what does Kuhn meant by invisibility? by revolution?

→ What was the reason why revolution is invisible according to Kuhn?

→ Also, what got into the scientists’ mind to make those textbooks “hide” the history? What is the purpose of the textbooks to hide what happened in the scientific revolution?

→ What constitutes the invisbility of revolutions, according to Kuhn?

→ What are the factors, according to Kuhn, that affect/constitute the invisbility of revolution?

→ What could be the effect of the invisibility of revolutions?

→ How is cumulativity related to his invisibility of revolution?

→ I have read some examples old theories that show Kuhn’s invisibility of revolution, but I don’t quite understand. Are there some simpler old theories/examples that hide the history?

Also, Are there such philosophers or authors who were for/against Kuhn’s invisibility of revolutions (their criticisms)? I am interested to know what are their sides to Kuhn’s invisibility of revolution…

I hope anyone can help me… these, I believe, could help me understand Kuhn more…

"From the title of the chapter, what does Kuhn meant by invisibility? by revolution? "

I don’t think invisibility means something which cannot be seen by our naked eyes… but the way (is this the appropriate word?) the textbook, particularly, would hide the whole “history” of the science. The revolution for me, is referred to the re-investigations of the scientific practice made/performed by the researchers. Am I right here?

→ Is paradigm shifts = scientific revolution?

“What was the reason why revolution is invisible according to Kuhn?”

• For me, this is bec. the paradigm shifts were not viewed not as revolutions but simply additions to scientific knowledge. Also, the SSR said that “and also because the history of the field is represented in the new textbooks that accompany a new paradigm”… with this “history of the field…new textbooks”, what does it imply?

“Also, what got into the scientists’ mind to make those textbooks “hide” the history? What is the purpose of the textbooks to hide what happened in the scientific revolution?”

What I am thinking about the scientists is that they are hiding those “possible” mistakes written in the book that could conflict with the new arguments/paradigms and be falsified by them… so to be “safe” they didn’t write them.
The probable purpose of the textbook to hide is to preserve the old history, which could be probably falsified by modern proposed ideas.

“What constitutes the invisibility of revolutions, according to Kuhn?”

For me, what comprises the invisibility of revolution is the textbooks which hide the history of science.

For the rest, I’ll fix them…