IQ45 TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19

Then this part:

[b]'“Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential ‘drive-by’ just now has to be quarantined for 14 days,” Dr. James P. Phillips, an attending physician at Walter Reed, wrote on Twitter. “They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity.”

'In a telephone interview on Sunday night, Dr. Phillips also said the trip raised the alarming question of whether the president was directing his doctors.

‘“At what point does the physician-patient relationship end, and does the commander in chief and subordinate relationship begin, and were those doctors ordered to allow this to happen?” he said, noting that it violated standards of care and would not be an option open to any other patient. “When I first saw this, I thought, maybe he was being transported to another hospital.”’[/b] NYT

Although I suspect that any number of Trump supporters would have eagerly volunteered to be in the car with him. Without a mask. Maybe even sitting on his lap.

We’ve probably got a few of them here.

Then this part:

nytimes.com/2020/10/05/opin … e=Homepage

[b]'“Any mans death diminishes me,” wrote John Donne, “because I am involved in Mankinde.” With that thought, let us all wish Donald Trump a full and speedy recovery from his bout of Covid-19.

'We wish him well because, even, or especially, in our hyperpolitical age, some things must be beyond politics. When everything is political, nothing is sacred — starting with human life. It’s a point the totalitarian regimes of the 20th century understood well.

'We wish him well because the sudden death of any president is a traumatic national event that will inevitably animate every crackpot in the country. If the term “grassy knoll” still means something in America, just imagine the reaction in the QAnon world if Trump’s condition were to abruptly deteriorate after his stay at Walter Reed.

‘We wish him well because of Mike Pence.’[/b]

First, let’s take this back to Nazi Germany. Suppose Hitler had become infected with a life-threatening disease. Would any Jew or leftist or homosexual etc., have wished him well? Ought they to have?

In other words, everyone will draw the line differently here…given different historical contexts. Back again to dasein.

So, is it reasonable to argue that many Americans who do not wish him well because a well Trump will sustain policies – re Covid19 and beyond – that will cause serious harm and suffering to millions, are being “immoral”?

That this is not, say, a “civilized” reaction?

Next up: nytimes.com/2020/10/05/opin … e=Homepage