Is ethics necessary any longer?

Greetings, promethean

I agree with you that the Criminal Justice system that exists today is a broken system. Any defendant appearing before it is assumed Guilty, even though that is in violation of the Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendments to our Constitution. The Law is whatever the judge says it is. If the judge feels that you have shown sufficient remorse, and that you are an upright, productive member of society he may say “Case dismissed.” Otherwise, it is common for justice not to be done.

I did time as a Conscientious Objector to war, but was sent to only a detention center with a Warden in charge who I evaluated as an ethical guy. He catered to my vegetarian lfe-style by making sure that I got a box of nuts to shell while I was living there. I volunteered to work in the kitchen. Taught myself calculus from a book in the library available to those “in the hole,” where I was put for the violation of visiting a fellow inmate who was thrown into a stripped-cell for rebelling – protesting his being there at all.

Because the system is so unethical, I am working to get a series of Ethics Research and Teaching Institutes set up around the country. I need to convince a multi-millionaire to spend some money on that. There are obstacles that arise abut I maintain my focus. If anyone here wants to help out, talk to people who have money about this project. If they want to know what “Ethics” is, teach it to them! You have gained this knowledge by reading up on the selections listed below:

One application of the Unified Theory of Ethics is the conclusion it deduces that being anti-war is the ethical way to live {unless of course one’s country is invaded, in which case one works efficiently to drive out the invader.}

In this regard, here is the latest news, announced - just recently - on June 30th, 2019:

vox.com/2019/7/1/20677441/s … s-military
So far, it has received $1,800,000 in funding.

How do you feel about foreign war entanglements that seem like endless commitments? Do you mind if the United States is always at war? Does it make sense?

Your views on Applied Ethics, and/or on the need for an Ethical Research and Teaching Institute, are welcomed.

As long as empire builders realize that challenges to power require constant vigilance to protect the balance that is requisite for it’s upkeep, any other attempt to ensure a peaceful transition will be met with incredulity and contempt.