Is the Philosopher or Philosophy king?

IS THE PHILOSOPHER OR PHILOSOPHY KING?

Couldn’t you say that they are One?
They become One depending on the relationship which flows between the two?
Why do you have to separate them?

Individuals are a snapshot, they are agents, carriers of ideas along a continuum that spans long before individual lives begin to long after their consciousness ceases.

But the individual is an entirety unto themselves, and without them an idea would not come about nor be able to sustain itself. A king is an agent, an absolute centre for an idea for as long as he is king, but the idea spans throughout his kingdom, carried by all subjects alike, it begins before the king exists and continues after his reign ends. Ideas have cultivation, they are prepared before specific points when they can be identified as having struck. They meld and evolve into new ideas continuously. A philosopher king has an idea out of previous ideas, ideas are more fertile and focused on him, he is “the king”, but the idea is bigger than him.

Very interesting post … though perhaps my interpretation is incorrect.

For me, your comments point to an “idea repository” beyond the biosphere … ergo short human life spans.

Again for me … your thoughts meld with Teilhard’s concept of “noosphere” … a thinking layer.

… and reiterates my suggestion that the ‘pack’ empowers the ‘leader’.