Is there knowledge?

How do we know that we know or do not know anything?

do you know what you mean by that statement?

Either your smart and want an elaborate deconstruction of this rather vague (?) question, i will leave that to the other seasoned philosophers, but i will give you a few simplistic thoughts of my own.

Lemme brake this up into bitesized chunks. Im not sure you even wrote it right,

How do we know that we know or do not know anything?
Im rather confused at your grammar, it would be nice if you next time outlined a few points about your thread so we know what you are talking about.

Is it correct to say that you mean:

How do we know that we do know something -

Well, GENERALLY we know that we know something becuase presuposing that there we do or do not know something is knowing something. (Blimey thats a mouthfull).

If you are talking about knowledge, i think the best we can get is truly believing oneself to be able to be knowledgable enough whichever field to handle any specific situation. That works at least until you are wrong, in which you have added to your knowledge. Experience and self trust is knowledge.

How do we know that we do not know anything?

I will take this as: how do we know that we know nothing of what really goes on? Well as far as we are concerned, what we percive is really what we know or react upon, so the rest, if it is there after all, is insignificant.

I had trouble understanding you, please could you elaborate on you question a bit and make sure you know what your on about

cheers

I’m not sure.

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Welcome, Loku. :laughing: :laughing:

The question posted by you seems to be a little confusing. I can hardly answer it, and you don’t seem to understand it very well.

“Is there knowledge”

Which kind of knowledge How do you understand the word “knowledge” (sorry, my question mark is not working, these are questions) . Only when you anwer that your post can be answered properly.

Enlighten’

Im rather confused at your grammar, it would be nice if you next time outlined a few points about your thread so we know what you are talking about.
OK. I asked, “How do we know that we know or do not know anything?” I’ll put it another way: Assuming I have an opinion about a fact (whatever that is), how can I be sure I right? For example, I believe I am sitting here at my computer. How do I know that what I believe corresponds to reality? Here is a little story to illustrate my point: Chuang Tzu dreamed he was a butterfly. When he awoke he became confused because he did not know whether he was Chuang Tzu or a butterfly dreaming he was a Chuang Tzu.

Well, GENERALLY we know that we know something because presupposing that there we do or do not know something is knowing something. (Blimey that’s a mouthful).
Are you saying that I know my presupposition itself, and that is knowing something?

If you are talking about knowledge, i think the best we can get is truly believing oneself to be able to be knowledgeable enough whichever field to handle any specific situation. That works at least until you are wrong, in which you have added to your knowledge. Experience and self trust is knowledge.
I think you are speaking of an hypothesis, which can be used in a practical situation, and if that is the best we can get, you are saying that we can not really know if we know anything. To put it another way, “Truth is what works.”

…how do we know that we know nothing of what really goes on? Well as far as we are concerned, what we perceive is really what we know or react upon, so the rest, if it is there after all, is insignificant.
That’s what I am talking about! Kant taught us that pure reason is limited in that way. What I would like to know is whether there is any sort of transcendental knowledge—knowledge that transcends pure reason. I think your Maslow quote is applicable here, with a little twist: If the only tool you own is perception, every type of knowledge is perceptual.

Cops don’t kill people, governments do.

Fabiano

My question was not whether or not there is knowledge, but rather, if there is knowledge, how do we know we have it.