Islamic History, Doctrine... & Questions

you didn’t sufficiently answer my first question. and I disagree… if a site/publication prints in favor of something they are not going to tell you about the seedy underbelly that is also the truth.

So therefore it is not a fair and balanced view of whatever it is that you are looking at.

You need to find a disinterested third party that can look at all sects of islam, christianity, judaism, etc seperately and tell you the percentage of violence per the percentage of non violence.

as far as the quotes go? you can find quotes to justify killing, slavery, and just about anything else in the Bible and the Quran so I don’t think that’s a valid counter point.

as far as the percentages go? I think as loud and obnoxious as TheAdlerian and Aspacia can be they are correct that Islam nations tend to have a greater percentage of unjustified violence.

Saudi Arabia will stone women who have been raped because she is considered unfaithful.

(of course this sort of action is justified in the bible, if no one heard the women scream for help.)

And I still say that the truth of anything is subjective on what the person telling you the “truth” is willing to reveal or not.

Everything has a seamy underbelly, do you think when you go to a pro-christian site their going to mention the crusades?

The same way an Islam site isn’t going to mention all the negative things that happen in various sects of Islam. It is trying to attract converts.

As far as intentionally misleading people? what do you think these sites are doing when they are not telling you the whole truth and history of their organization?

And you call me illogical, you piece of filth. I provided direct quotes from the hadiths and you compare me to that piece of shit.

I have asked scholars regarding the hadiths and Qu’ran. I sent a query to your Islam city regarding drugs. Hell, I was expecting a scholarly responce. Similar to other Islamic sites I have queried, the response was from a layman, (of course not a woman) who really had little information and did not completely respond to my question. Go to the site and check the forum regarding questions. My name is there, and you will see what I mean.

You compared me to bin Laden, who is probably sitting in a cave smoking dope at this very moment. This is similar to comparing me to Hitler. My parents fought Hitler and I despise the man. I despise all bigotry, especially, bigotted religions that allow for the murder of Muslim converting to another faith, forbidding marraige to others except monothesists. The list is huge. I will go into Islamic law in a bit. Chuckle, I have only perused two books and have found an abundance of information that scholars cannot explain away.

Tell you what, you take my claims regarding Islamic law and have one of your buddies explain the laws away, okay. :evilfun: If these laws are no longer relevant, I would like to see your Islamic buddies at the center work to have these laws ABOLISHED :evilfun: You and I know they will not.

Sure did, she raised a very nasty piece of filth :evilfun:

The point is that most Muslim’s believe in medieval sharia law and Qu’ranic law as God’s direct transmission to Mohammed. Many also claim that imam decisions are based on God transmitting the information to the iman.

You haven’t that much power. Actually, you just gave me an excuse to do what I love doing research. My, Oh, My :evilfun:

Listen, I decide what I should or should not do, NOT YOU! GET IT. You speak in absolutes. I have explained numerous times I have a phobia against all faiths as they all show violent and misogynistic tendencies.

**parentheses added by AVICENNA

I am a woman, lady is generally a term used for the pedestal matron of Victorian England. A class in feminism might help. Chuckle, I took a class in Women in America, and WOMAN from Iran, (refugee, her uncle was killed by the new government) . A devout Muslim. I typed student essays for $ and she hired me, came to my home, and worked on her essays and I freely gave her my transcribed class notes, and explained many of our terms to her. (I taped lectures and typed them up verbatim). Do you want to know what conclusions she came to? She revolted against Sharia law, and started protesting. We were only acquaintances, and I do not know what happed with her, but she did revolt against much in Islam :evilfun: No, I did not prompt this, the teacher just laid out the fact regarding gender issues in the USA.

Again, I periodically sub. in elementary, and high schools for extra change. Check around, it pays from $95.00 - $150 daily, for five hours of babysitting. This is not my main gig, as I teach college.

No, I peruse valid academic site and many “Arab” U.S., UK, European, and Israeli medis sources. I was very critical of the Northeastern Intelligence media source, until I found the NATO uses them. I though they were totally bogus, but perhaps not. Yes, I peruse AMIN, MEMRI, Arutz Sheva, Haaretz, BBC, and many others. I also am a casual reader, Cromwell, Grimes, Ludlum, etc. I am on vacation, have enjoyed many champagne brunches, nice restaurants with friends and family (ten or more at a time) during this time, swim and go to the gym. I am on vacation, and it is only me and my other half at home, and he works in private industry and does not have as many vacation days as I do, so there is not much mess and I can indulge in research and understanding.

Hum, how about Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, Germany, Oregon, Washington, Canada, England, Wales. Me mum is a limey and we have traveled extensively.

NO, neither will I go to a church or temple except for funerals or wedding bar and bat mitzvahs. Look, I have had all the religious bs while growing up. I use to win Bibles as a child in the Episcopal/Anglican church. I am the last person that will accept any faith. GET IT??? :evilfun:

No, I have read the many articles regarding the cheering on 9/11 in US mosques. I have read regarding the nasty antiJew, antiUS mosques sermons. At this moment CAIR is being closely investigated and many of their member are being nailed. :evilfun:

I have a few nasty political rants regarding that weenie Issa, but this is a religion board.

Yes I know regarding Rubin, I also know regarding the three Muslim’s, one, an exprofessor up on terrorism charges in Florida.

I realize all groups have extremists. We have our Rudolphs, Tim McVey, Jim Jones and his Koolaid drinkers, the Branch Davidians, etc. , so do Jews and Muslims. Yes, I am well aware of the settlers poisoning wells, and attacking Arab farmers, but I am well aware of the many terrorist attacks agains Israeli day care centers and school buses, they target children and all Israelis are legitimate targets to the Arabs. :imp:

The point is the most Muslims believe in Sharia and Qur’anic law. I will start a new thread discussing Sharia law.

Sharia law does not promote peace and tolerance.

I am not a Christian. How many times do I have to say this. Also, I will do as I please, not what you say. Typical mindset of many males who follow Islam telling others what to do. YOU DO NOT PAY MY BILLS, YOU HAVE NO SAY IN WHAT I DO. HELL, MY OTHER HALF WOULD NOT EVEN BE STUPID ENOUGH TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

I am simply repeating Islamic religious texts. If it is propaganda, it is Islamic propaganda.

Oh, yes, like I have had many theologions try and explain the St. Augusine crap against Jews, or Martin Luther’s crap against Jews when he could not convert them.

LOL, aspacia rolls of the floor laughing. Oh, shit, I just scared the old puddy tat again.

Have them email their responses to the hadiths, Qu’ran and Sharia law, this will suffice. I would also like their names, academic degrees, (i.e. their credentials) as any bozo can make claims on a web site.

My father was an atheist. He does not hurt anymore. You prayers will not help him gain entry into heaven. Regardless of his atheism, he was a much better parent than most religious folks, and a better human being than you. I am all for the good deeds over religious bs. He would go to mom’s church, put in a slide and swingset on the rather large church grounds, poured cement, innstalled a sprinkling system and light for the church parking lot. :evilfun: Chuckle, one day Father David walked out as my dad was busting his ass working for the church and asked “Well Les, when am I going to see you in church.” Dad stood up, looked Father David in the eye and said “You will see me in church after I see you on your hands and knees pouring cement like I am doing now.” Father David walked back in the church and never asked again. :evilfun: I basically have my father’s attitude, but have just read far more than he did regarding faith and society.

It is 9:00, and I rise at 5, hence this is probably full of goofs.

Ben, a request for a spell check.

:smiley: Thanks scythekain,

I will be posting Sharia law tomorrow, after I fix my syllabus, I messed the dates up.

Most of Islamic theologians agree that Sharia law superceded secular law, the laws of secular society.

Sorry for my outrage, but to be compared to that piece is filth bin laden really ticks me off. :smiley: My apology is not directed to Mr. A.D. as I mean evey nasty word I say to him