Israel

Welcome to the forum Rose!
Welcome Stoney69!
I am glad that Rose stepped up, i personally felt no need to produce evidence for something that is self evident. There are Palestinians who oppose fighting, there are Israelis who oppose the war, there is no one sieve that all people will neatly fit into (thank heavens).

‘Israeli occupation’, ‘incursion’, Orwellian euphemisms for land theft. but when it comes time to express the actions of the Palestinians in our biased newspapers, it is always ‘terrorism’. The very language is used to keep the underdog down.

Rose. I welcome all opportunities for peace. I read once somewhere, that there was a place where Jews and Palestinians were cohabiting in peace, a kind of experimental commune. Maybe it is the organization you mentioned, i don’t know. In the final analysis the people that actually live there will have to sow those olive branch seeds. We can only help that to come about.

Stoney69. I think this is what is missing from the perspective here. A sense of the daily, personal, mundane existence of the people who actually live in the war prone Middle East. Poor people ravaged by war, their land taken away, no jobs to be had because they are Palestinian. Or the Jewish person who has had several relatives killed in an explosion. If you truly see and understand the daily existence of some of these people you can empathize with them no matter what their color, creed, religion, etc. Everything is much easier from a distance, some of us may give these things little thought. It’s just an abstract discussion, an ideological exercise where human lives are charted on some inane graph with arbitrary distinctions like Israeli, or Palestinian, where modern day communication and transportation has brought us together but hasn’t given us the tools to learn to live together peacefully. Where means of killing have become more and more efficient and the stakes of preserving the peace are at their zenith. Make no mistake about it, the World today is so interdependent that we can not afford to arbitrarily kill our neighbors. To do so is to kill ourselves. violence breeds violence.

I have no reason to believe you’re lying, so I retract what I said.

Marshall McDaniel the place you are looking for is called neve shalom wahat al salam, meaning oasis of peace in Hebrew and Arabic and the web site is here: nswas.com/

Thanks Rose. I’ll look at it from time to time for reassurance and hope.

I can’t show you a Palestinian but I can inform you that 85% of them do