Its allajoke

Its allajoke

I was watching basketball on TV the other night and had to marvel at the physical grace and skill the human body is capable of. Only a small percentage of humans engage such potential but it certainly exists.

Occasionally I wonder around within my PC and I always find various capacities that are awesome. I am aware of software that will allow me to do creative things with pictures and video and audio and God only knows what else. I suspect there is software that will allow me to do anything I might imagine. Few of us engage one small element of the potential of the PC but it certainly exists.

McLuhan, the man with the marvelous insight, enlightens us with the knowledge that our technology is an extension of our self; the bomb extends the fist, the Internet extends the nervous system, our discussion forums lay bare the vacuous chaos and foolishness of our brain. TV allows us to observe famines, tsunamis, hurricanes, beheadings, bombings, the grace of Olympic skiers, etc. We can barely touch or feel these events in any human way but we ‘see’ that they certainly exist.

Within the human body there exists such marvelous potential that is never tapped. How did we acquire such potential? How is it possible that such capability can evolve within a creature never even conscious of such ability let alone use it for any good purpose? I see that other animals seem to have what they need and they utilize all that they have. Humans seem to have more than we realize and far more than we ever explore and use, but we can ‘see’ that it exists.

We have this marvelous ability to reason but we have distorted and warped this rationality to produce an Arnold like powerful and muscular upper torso mounted on long, spindle, weak, and varicose-veined legs. The upper torso represents our instrumental rationality and the lower torso our communicative action rationality. Our instrumental rationality made the bomb a reality and our communicative action rationality makes our annihilation by that bomb likely.

We use our critical capacity only to be negative. I suspect that the gods, Zeus, Allah, Jesus, Holy Ghost, etc. sit around the table in heaven havin a beer and a big laugh at all of the human antics. I suspect they have given us all this possibility just for their pleasure. I suspect its allajoke.

Toward what purpose do athletes use their potential? I would say that a farmer is a more efficient use of a human body than a basketball player, who produces nothing. You misunderstand purpose. Also, this should be in the rant house, I say, on account of it being a dissing of all humankind.

To what purpose do you use your potential?

The Universal Joke. Aleister Crowley wrote an interesting if rather annoying essay on it.

hermetic.com/crowley/littlee … ghter.html

The best thing one can do, then, is dance in the air in the tradition of Michael Jordan - or something equally silly but enjoyable.
Farming can be fun, too. And therefore useful.

Everybody has a different level of potential. Not everyone can be michael jordan. So there are limits to our physical potential based on our physical and mental capabilities.

We are often driven by our expectations of our self rather than our potential or our talents.

Are they laughing?

A militant uprising has been sparked by this thread , several muslims are unhappy at the title … local Imams have gathered to discuss what should be done , some have considered a Fatwa against coberst , some have appeared in other unrelated threads , calling for Jihad against ILP in general

Disciple of Light

I must say that I cannot stand the moving icon on a page I am trying to read. I have the same problem with ads that do that on any web page. I cannot stop and read the page because the movement is so disorienting. I do not know if this is just my problem or is a common situation. If others have that same problem you will certainly cut down on the number of people who will read your post. Please stop the movement!!

considering the death and destruction that these so called gods have wrought on us
the misery there codes have inflicted apon humans …the division and hatred the good books produce and the general insanity of most religious people …i would hardly suspect its all a joke …if it is it is a sick sad joke indeed … i cannot beleive that a higher conciousness would find pleasure in our ignorance and pain over the millenia… taking history into account
aint no one sittin around getting pleasure out of our suffering …except the religious…mcluhan provides no knowledge …merely an analogy …hardly enlightning… and i hate it when people say ; we; …u mean u …u cant speak for all of us … just urself …ur using ur critical communicative capacity to be negative about us… lol …good luck

Then why aren’t you laughing along? :laughing: