Jesus is Winner

The following is a response to a thread that POR created and then deleted while I was typing my response. The thread was entitled “Jesus is Winner.” His statements are in quotations.

One who reaches an objective in the midsts of competition.

Then the objective is not achieved. Try again.

Is the kid a threat? If so then there is an objective. To defend oneself. Fortunately children rarely if ever pose a threat. Try again.

Exluding the people with whom the objective was in competition. Try again.

Who respects is who has the objective in common and is not competing. One cannot serve a rival. Try again.

The lame, sick, and blind, yes. A handful of alms for a handful of people. One doesn’t ‘win’ respect in such a case without creating a debt. Try again.

I know. Ain’t that a bitch? No argument there.

Good point, though he is addressing resentment. True strength does not resent. Try again.

No, he is food for carnivorous birds at that point. Try again.

Those would be the elements and tenents of Christianity. You do not know them, you admit, so you are not a Christian. Try again.

No, the one thing you are sure of is that you have read the bible. Not the events claimed to have taken place. Try again.

Usually yes, and long before Christianity was even invented. An irrelevent point.

Here, I’ll let you have this one. I’m bored.

What happened to my opening post? No, i did not delete it.

2 previous ones are stupid, and i will not reply to them. for you have taken me completely out of context. thanks for the quotes though. They’ll help me to reconstruct my post.

“Is the kid a threat? If so then there is an objective. To defend oneself. Fortunately children rarely if ever pose a threat. Try again.” - Are bullies winners? Think harder.

“Who respects is who has the objective in common and is not competing. One cannot serve a rival. Try again.” - Please, I do not understand, and do not wish to understand Hegelian English. Explain again.

“The lame, sick, and blind, yes. A handful of alms for a handful of people. One doesn’t ‘win’ respect in such a case without creating a debt. Try again.” - The debt does not exist because it does not have to be repaid. Jesus is generous. Please don’t try again.

“I know. Ain’t that a bitch? No argument there.” - please don’t reply if you have nothing to say.

“Good point, though he is addressing resentment. True strength does not resent. Try again” - unintelligible AGAIN.

“Those would be the elements and tenents of Christianity. You do not know them, you admit, so you are not a Christian. Try again” - who are you to criticise and judge? are you a Christian? Please stop trying again.

“Here, I’ll let you have this one. I’m bored.” ??? again!!!

What happened to my opening post? No, i did not delete it.

2 previous ones are stupid, and i will not reply to them. for you have taken me completely out of context. thanks for the quotes though. They’ll help me to reconstruct my post.

“Is the kid a threat? If so then there is an objective. To defend oneself. Fortunately children rarely if ever pose a threat. Try again.” - Are bullies winners? Think harder.

“Who respects is who has the objective in common and is not competing. One cannot serve a rival. Try again.” - Please, I do not understand, and do not wish to understand Hegelian English. Explain again.

“The lame, sick, and blind, yes. A handful of alms for a handful of people. One doesn’t ‘win’ respect in such a case without creating a debt. Try again.” - The debt does not exist because it does not have to be repaid. Jesus is generous. Please don’t try again.

“I know. Ain’t that a bitch? No argument there.” - please don’t reply if you have nothing to say.

“Good point, though he is addressing resentment. True strength does not resent. Try again” - unintelligible AGAIN.

“Those would be the elements and tenents of Christianity. You do not know them, you admit, so you are not a Christian. Try again” - who are you to criticise and judge? are you a Christian? Please stop trying again.

“Here, I’ll let you have this one. I’m bored.” ??? again!!!

You’re cute, POR.

and You are Gay, de’trop. heheheh :smiley:

I’ll take that one thank you…

Sorry PoR, I made a “new life” for myself that didn’t involve “following” anyone and what do you know? I’m more free than you’ll ever be and probably better off too. By the way, you and Jesus know jack about my desires.

Congrats PoR, you’ve just downgraded yourself from “poster who makes no sense” to “stupid idiot.” This is due to your ability to make claims without proof, which is all that is required of those who stand within the “stupid idiot” section of ILP.

Sagesound

You are free to think whatever. But only the truth will set you free. If I am making no sense, please point it out to me so I can explain it to you. And please, acquire a sense of humour for 2005.

PoR

POR:

Have you got your peanut butter in my chocolate?

Yes PoR?

Why thank you PoR, it’s very nice of you to remind me of a fact I already knew.

It’s funny you say that because I’m already free, thanks to the truth.

Sorry, I can’t do that. You see, if I point out all the stuff you say that doesn’t make sense, I won’t have any time for myself. Besides, someone else will beat me to the punch anyway.

Oh I already have a great sense of humor, but if you never realized that before, it’s apparently to complex for you to notice it.

Actually, as I read it, this is exactly what Sagesound said. The difference being, Sagesound found his truth. “Only your truth will set you free” is a more accurate…truthful statement.

Thanks for the vote of confidence nv…I trust you too have found freedom in your own truth. For we all can find freedom in the truth that lies within us all.

Once you are aware of something, whether it is true or not, it forever changes you, forever influences your thoughts/behavior… I wouldn’t say truth (whether or not you think it is objective/subjective/whatever) really sets anyone free… but I guess it depends on how you define “free”.

I am not prepared to really fish with that can of worms right now, but, there you go, it’s open if you’ve nothing better to do.

Yes I have. The idea of looking within comes naturally to me, without having to be told to do so. Since this is the religion forum, let’s see what Jesus had to say on the subject:

[i]3 Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, ‘Look, the (Father’s) kingdom is in the sky,’ then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, ‘It is in the sea,’ then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."[/i]

From the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas

Gnosticism can be really cool to think about sometimes… I like to make the correlation between the Gnostics and the Native Americans, as well as most Pagan beliefs that mainly teach in opposition to the Church that the Earth is your temple, your church… the sky is the roof, and the ground is the floor, and everything around you is sacred. Thus, it matters not where you practice your faith…but the materialistic bastards that Future Man is so keen to point the finger at think communion with God is found through a building made by man…psh…