Jesus Loves You!

He does! So repent and get to know him!

[size=75](I like your new avatar, btw)[/size]

Do you feel like you know Jesus? What do you do to express this knowledge?

James

I am trying to get to know him more…

How do you do this?

Read the Bible, pray, talk to him, etc…

But what about the practical aspects of knowing? You know, faith as a kind of ‘doing’ etc etc…? Why is knowing Jesus predominantly something that takes place in a book, or in prayer? Isn’t it more accurately a way of life in general? Probably you would agree. I guess my question then is; ‘how might your attitude towards life - your (for want of a better phrase) ‘existential comportment’ - be implicated in the kind of ‘knowledge’ - the kind of relation - which you have with Jesus?’

Just my thoughts, on a whim.

James

“I would like the Christians more if they where more like there Christ.” – Gandhi

JC is a great roll model, just be careful of his followers they can be a dangerously small minded bunch that make you believe in self guilt. Don’t believe that! You’re saved so live in that joy. Also, only give money direct to charities you know, not those Evangelists people on TV! Believe me most of them break the 3rd commandment. They use the Lord’s name in vain!

Gee, you’ve changed my whole outlook on life…(sigh)

Do you really expect to convert anyone on a forum?

Repent for what? Jesus is dead. I like to leave dead people alone.

White or wholemeal?

Well…it does direct a new purpose for living, a set of guidelines to live by, it brings in eternal life and the ultimate reward in heaven to live for and the ultimate punishment of hell to avoid. It brings in the component of sacrifice in regards to living for God and heaven; and takes away some emphasis of living life to the fullest here and now on earth (in some ways, in others it just might enforce it more)…etc., etc…

He is living…on the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father and will come again to judge the living and the dead.

Stop evangelizing, damn it. It’s very annoying.

Shall I offer you the quickest and effecientist way to know the guy?

Read: The Antichrist.

After which, should you say regarding the author of The Antichrist, that “I am trying to get to know him more”… behold:

“Aus meinem Leben, 1858
Ãœber Musik, 1858
Napoleon III als Praesident, 1862
Fatum und Geschichte, 1862
Willensfreiheit und Fatum, 1862
Kann der Neidische je wahrhaft glücklich sein?, 1863
Ãœber Stimmungen, 1864
Mein Leben, 1864
Homer und die klassische Philologie, 1868
Ãœber die Zukunft unserer Bildungsanstalten
Fünf Vorreden zu fünf ungeschriebenen Büchern, 1872 comprised of:
Ãœber das Pathos der Wahrheit
Gedanken über die Zukunft unserer Bildungsanstalten
Der griechische Staat
Das Verhältnis der Schopenhauerischen Philosophie zu einer deutschen Cultur
Homer’s Wettkampf
Die Geburt der Tragödie, 1872 (The Birth of Tragedy)
Über Wahrheit und Lüge im aussermoralischen Sinn
Die Philosophie im tragischen Zeitalter der Griechen
Unzeitgemässe Betrachtungen, 1876 (The Untimely Ones) comprised of:
David Strauss: der Bekenner und der Schriftsteller, 1873 (David Strauss: the Confessor and the Writer)
Vom Nutzen und Nachtheil der Historie für das Leben, 1874 (On the Use and Abuse of History for Life)
Schopenhauer als Erzieher, 1874 (Schopenhauer as Educator)
Richard Wagner in Bayreuth, 1876
Menschliches, Allzumenschliches, 1878 (Human, All-Too-Human) with the two sequels:
Vermischte Meinungen und Sprüche, 1879 (Mixed Opinions and Maxims)
Der Wanderer und sein Schatten, 1879 (The Wanderer and His Shadow)
Morgenröte, 1881 (The Dawn)
Die fröhliche Wissenschaft, 1882 (The Gay Science)
Also sprach Zarathustra, 1885 (Thus Spoke Zarathustra)
Jenseits von Gut und Böse, 1886 (Beyond Good and Evil)
Zur Genealogie der Moral, 1887 (On the Genealogy of Morals)
Der Fall Wagner, 1888 (The Case of Wagner)
Götzen-Dämmerung, 1888 (Twilight of the Idols)
Der Antichrist, 1888 (The Antichrist)
Ecce Homo, 1888 (“Behold the man”, an attempt at autobiography; the title refers to Pontius Pilate’s statement upon meeting Jesus Christ and possibly to Bonaparte’s upon meeting Goethe: Voilà un homme!)
Nietzsche contra Wagner, 1888
Der Wille zur Macht, 1901 (The Will to Power, a highly selective collection of notes taken from various notebooks, and put into a outline for a book which Nietzsche made but never expanded; collected by his sister after his insanity and published after his death)”

The bible… to hell with the bible… may I remind you that you represnt the newest generation of humanity, what’d hell you want with that kind of ancient fairytales?

Let’s pray as we should:

“Ich kann nicht anders, Nietzsche helfe mir!”

Everybody chill, it’s just Uniqor trying to save the future of humanity again…

Why should I believe you? One of his fucking apostles had to see the holes from the nails in his hands and the wounds in his side. I have no reason to believe anything about him.

Sure I love Jesus… but its just a physical thing. :wink:
[size=75]Who can resist the six-pack abs?[/size]

Does Jesus love 8 Billion people?
How?
He was a man.
I think I could love about 300 women max.
Men can stay at a distance.
Now Elvis was a hero.
He could probably love most people. (I’m not an Elvis fan, but I’m picking the right type of personality.)
But you could not tell me that Elvis loves me.
That would be word of mouth.
Nobody is in any position to speak for Jesus.

Thank you James No 2, for taking an innocent, kind statement, trying to turn it into something philosophically interesting, and not being a dick like everyone else.

Philosophy Girl, if I may speculate something. Perhaps James No 2 was wondering how living like Jesus loves you might relate to some of the attitudes you express, about life not being worth living, and why people bother being happy, and so on. If he wasn’t, I would surely like to know.