JUDGEMENT...are these 3 different things? Further thoughts.

Are these 3 different things? If yes, why?..

1. Homosexuality is bad.

2. You are bad because you are homosexual.

3. Your homosexual acts are bad.

Oh please make it stop!! Not another one!

PhilosophyGirl:Are these 3 different things? If yes, why?..

1. Homosexuality is bad.
  2. You are bad because you are homosexual.
  3. Your homosexual acts are bad.

K: and bad means? You have leaped into assumptions already.
You have to make the case homosexuality is bad and that it
(bad) means anything.

Kropotkin

ok replace bad with wrong or immoral or against God or whatever, I dont think it matters, thats not really what im asking.

I believe in the book of wisdom, in the christian bible, having intercourse
with a family member or the same gender, stated it is abomination and brings dishonor to oneself and shame to your parents, thus they will be exile to purify the land. If this statement is equivalent to homosexual, then it is an abomination.

If these does not sound logical or reasonable, no matter what I say further will not matter, because pleasure and desire has poison you.

End of discussion

you all are missing my point. this is not a question about homosexuality, replace homosexuality with another word, its a question about judging.

Is this really all that important? What exactly is troubling you?

Incidentally, have a look at Augustine’s Confessions when you get a chance.

Regards,

James

Yes, these things are all unique and affect how we look at people.

1. Homosexuality is bad. (This refers to the state of the condition.)

2. You are bad because you are homosexual. (This refers the totality of the person due to their state. The state infects every aspect of their being and ruins it.)

3. Your homosexual acts are bad. (This means that the total value of the person is independent of their unique acts.)

Technically, yes. They are not inherently identical to each other. Each seems (although not necessarily) carry an implict “tone”.

This is cut and dry. Homosexuality and anything that is related to it is bad, and nothing but bad.

This seems to imply that you possess the ability to “get rid of” your homosexuality, if you ever willed to do so. In this sense, It could be argued that you are not inherently bad, nor are you and your homosexuality one entity (but rather, two seperate entities). However, because you have chosen to associate yourself with homosexuality, you have essentially become (temporarily) inherently-bad, yourself.

This seems to imply that you can do things (specifically, actions) which are themselves, inherently “bad”. These “acts of homosexuality” are positioned in such a fashion so as to make them appear bad in all posible cases. You are not bad at all; ---- in fact, even when you do such “acts”, you are really not “being bad”. Rather, when you are doing the homosexual acts, you are merely associating yourself with the acts temporarily. A similar example would be like a righteous person having a best friend who is a murder. You do not become your homosexuality merely by participation.

This is at least my take on it.

…just my humble thoughts, anywhoo…

:wink:

Round round, get around, I get around

I get arah, ah, ah ah ah ah

Incidentally, other books called Confessions are also worth reading. Rousseau was a kinky little bastard…

These homosexuality posts make me vomit rainbow.