Kant's Critque of Practical Reason

Anyone here ever read Kant’s Critque of Practical Reason (not to be confussed with his Critque of Pure Reason)? I just got it from the college library and I’m finding it quite interesting (although I think I’ll end up disagreeing with a few of it’s principles). Anyone who has read it or read his Critque of Pure Reason have any comments and/or suggestions? :wink:

and the critique of judgment, the prolegomena and the grounding…

it is all a bunch of idealist sophistry…

-Imp

read it slow.
thats more directed at imp

Even if you don’t agree with it, you have the methodical and scientific way that Kant wrote.

It seems to me that Kant in Pure Reason says everything is a consquense of cuase and effect. That you really are not able to control your life, if you look at it on a grand enough scale. Therefore if you can’t control your life, it is all the effect of causes, are you responsible for it? Logically the answer would be no.

In Practical Reason he says you must still take responsiblity and live a moral life. That on a less grand scale your moral values effect your actions and that does make you responsible.

These seem slighty inconsistent to me.

Do others see this or am I misinterpreting him?

even when you read it slow, that is one of his inconsistencies…

-Imp

Ah, thanks. Should I finish the book (it’s not real thick)? Is it worth my time? Or should I move on to something else? :confused: :wink:

it is worth your time as a reference…

plus you can say “well, I will not make the same mistakes kant made” and be able to understand and refer to them in context…

-Imp

ah, what the heck…I’ll finish it. It is short. But I don’t think I’ll go onto reading his Critque of Pure Reason as I had originally planned. :sunglasses: