Kentucky Fried Cruelty?

I just watched this video and i must say it was quite appalling…

this video details the process from chick to drum stick in the kentucky industry…

this video is quite graphic so if you’re eating some chicken right now i suggest you watch it later…

getactive.peta.org/campaign/pame … blogad0408

Yes it’s pamela anderson who’s the spokes person but i think that this video must be watched…

i’ll certainly think twice before ordering a 12 piece chicken dinner… no matter how good it tastes…

Realistically eating or not eating at KFC has no bearing on how many chicken’s are going to suffer. You can claim its a moral issue but theres simply not enough citizens doing it for it to mean jack shit, it should be the government’s job to enforce animal welfare and animal rights against animal abuse in coporations or restaurant chains.

Maybe we should be petitioning the government to do somthing about it while enjoying a nice 12piece bucket?

(the shit which would happen to chickens in the wild isn’t any better either)

:astonished:

you didn’t watch the video… you didn’t have enough time [-X

I’ve seen it before along with many other videos like it, I already know the conditions that KFC have chickens under. Is there some reason to assume that this video has some kind of unique perspective over the other videos with chickens in wretched and gross conditions? piled ontop of other cages so much they could barely move, shitting on each other, getting beaten/grabbed by the neck by people, etc etc etc.

The KFC chicken-animal-welfare issue has been around for quite some time now.

so do chickens have their beaks cut off in the wild?

Yes… ?

I’ve seen a house-cat do to a chicken some pretty horrible things. Let alone the parasites/animals it’d consistantly face in the wild.

Beaks being torn off, eyes being plucked out, wings being torn off, etc.

I would stake my life that chickens live better in the wild than in the care of the KFC people…

how can you deny this??? so 1 cat attacks 1 chicken out of 1000 free chickens…

KFC cuts off 1000 beaks out of 1000 2 month old chickens…

if you were a chicken where would you rather roll the dice?

I work for KFC…

Oh the shame :blush: Oh the humility :blush:

humans are subject to the same villany, but if this was a slave house (people instead of chickens) would you feel the same way?

would you still say that it is justifyable because if we let the people go then they might get suicide bombed or something?

AHA! FORRRSHAMMMMEEE!!!

na just kiddin… what part do you work for? that wasn’t you hurling those chickens was it?

Here’s an idea. In the southern parts of America, there are alot of ethnic minorities who essentially survive off buckets of chicken. Maybe we can figure out a way to make a bucket of chicken cost twice what it does now, thus ensuring the welfare of the chickens, and starving half the poor black families in the south. Wow. Crazy shit man.

Thats delusional, the reason chickens survive to any extent at all in the places in the world that they are (besides its jungle fowl ancestor) is that they’re cared for and protected by humans.

Do you have any idea how long a chicken can stay alive as somthing eats it alive? ? ?

Being eaten alive and torn at by foxes, racoons, minks, coyotes, cats, weseals, just to name a some of the tiny preadators that eat chickens right now WITH human protection.

or KFC could hire workers that dont stomp on the chickens…

Except that without human care to protect them, it’d be close to a 1000 deead chickens out of 1000, and those were probably eaten alive slowly by some tiny predator.

what you call protection some call animal cruelty…

how can you even call it protection? humans dont protect chickens, they protect their food and resources…

why cannot we protect them without causing them nedless amounts of pain?

Back to the point, it could take minutes and minutes and minutes and minutes for a chicken to die, bleeding from the throat partially drowning on its own blood as a cat or some other predator slowly eats part of its body, while its helpless to do anyything but live through it for a horrifyingly long time.

Do you honestly care about whether chicken get stomped on? Or are you just bringing up something controversial for the purpose of debate? Because I don’t care if a million chickens get stomped on as long as I get eat one for cheap.

with humans “protection” it is 1000 out of 1000 anyway… what argument are you getting at?

if we didn’t enslave them then they would be extinct, so we have the right to do whatever we want with them?

I’m not saying kentucky friend chicken protects them especially, i’m saying that chickens without a coop or cages or whatever, will die in super large numbers to natural predators, which kill/eat chickens even when huumans build them places to sleep/watch out for those predators.

We can and do, at least many places besides KFC. The only point i’m making, was that animals are better off suffering at KFC then being released into the natural world.

great, so instead of a chance of a slow death being the meal of some cat, you have a long and incredibly shitty life…

your beak gets cut off at 2 months old and you cannot even walk because you are so lame…

you have never seen the sun nor will ever touch the ground…

i would rather be eaten by a cat than humans any day… atleast the cats aren;t cruel on purpose…