Knowledge And Fictions.

Can knowledge be fictional? Under what instances is knowledge fictional?

I believe it can, but it necessarily includes being imaginative at the same time.

That is why I may start believing in polytheism, because of how the Ancient Greeks described the gods through poem, it seems like a better picture of humanity’s irrationality than any other form of religion I’ve encountered. I enjoy thinking of gods based around humans and their ‘animal spirits’.

For example, I’ve been developing a fictional epic novel that is about goblins and gnomes; the story evolves around a demigod type of creature. If I believe that my writing is true, then it blends knowledge and imagination together in a way that I feel truly teaches something about myself and the world. I don’t really know how to explain it though.

Is it possible that all knowledge is fictional? That is where the goal of my thread is headed…

Being a pragmatist, I would say no. When I am “here and now”, at my computer typing to you, the knowledge that is practical to me cannot be considered fictional. I am typing keys, letters, etc. I am looking at my computer. I have a conception of “Joker”, a person in the world. Etc. etc. etc.

The practical knowledge blurs fiction into non-fiction, illusions into actuality, real into unreal…

But what makes somthing practical?

Context. The more actual a person is in context to a situation, the more practical it is. I can’t get anymore practical than the living experience of myself right now.