Lamentations Of The Modern Wage Slave

A modern slave is a individual dispossessed of their own independence and sense of self but more importantly from the rest of society at large.

They are forced to work for low wages because they are unable and denied to do any other kind of job or occupation within society.

They may quit a job that they don’t like but once they look for another position to survive off of they are left with only similar jobs that have the same exact conditions of the ones they worked prior. They can choose different masters but at each end they are still reduced to slaves.

The poverty of their occupational income becomes the poverty of their lives.

The sense of forced social identity from their occupations becomes the very existential depression of their lives.

There is of course the modern sense of education which people can utilize to improve their situation if they’re able to but this assumes that everybody has the same equal capacities for knowledge or intelligence. Those who cannot conform or comprehend the standardized demands of higher education automatically become reduced to slaves within every modern society.

In a world of technological, mechanical, and industrial obsession individuals unable to comprehend or conform to the tenets of it’s status quo become existentially considered obsolete by collective society as a whole when it concerns the notions of prejudices where they are seen as useless bottom feeders.

Such obsolete individuals become herded up stamped under the label of poor and given the ultimatum that they can only exist by endlessly laboring away for those with more wealth or power then themselves.

The ultimatum is they can only hope to survive, exist, and live in servitude only.

check out the religion i created to answer your question.

I believe we are not servants but masters of our existence, and that if this concept spreads, it can help many people and create a better world

As for inequality; there does not sam much we can do about that, as far as I know, because it seems to be all in the hands of mother nature

If we are masters of our own existence then constant disobedience, rebellion, and dissidence is the key to independence.

Nature only favors the reckless, risky, and the cold calculated indifferent.

With this nature is represented with fangs.

being the master of our own existence means personal responsibility and increasing the happiness of that existence means creating a better world for everyone which eventually helps your own world. That is my religion

Creating a world that suits everybody equally is impossible.

My own world is not dictated by everybody else.

My aims of this thread was to show how pervasive slavery is within modern society.

Being poor my entire life I can definitely relate with those who feel or are collectively perceived as wage slaves.

The pessimism in me says that this practice will never cease despite my empathy.

which is what i believe, that inequality may be impossible, but that yet we can create a better world.

On the other hand, my religion believes in individual purpose, which suits the individual

Better worlds are never created for everybody equally.

That’s just a propaganda slogan the tiny elite uses manipulating everybody else to create that better world for them which they never have any intentions of ever sharing.

Maybe you should read my religion among the newer posts. It details my ideas of what is moral and how you find morality. I do not believe capitalism is immoral, or that capitalist are immoral, though i do believe in the redistribution of wealth

We still have private property.
We can own the means to production at least a bit by starting up a farm,
or just growing veggies in the garden and keeping chickens in a coup.

Work does suck though. Independance and self reliance is better.
I’ve seen allot of people stressed out with money problems.

The problem is that to become indpendant and own the means to production,
we need big money to buy the house and the tools and the gardens and stuff.

Hello Joker,

— A modern slave is a individual dispossessed of their own independence and sense of self but more importantly from the rest of society at large.
O- Only a monumental effort at self-blindness can create that illusion. We are condenmed to be free. We are consumer bitches; it is we that go and ask for shit we don’t need on money we don’t have. We, the ones that pay 70 bucks for a pair of jeans, fabricated by a person who got a nickle, if that, for the “piece”, money they use strickly for a bowl of rice or a new section of tin for their roof.

— They are forced to work for low wages because they are unable and denied to do any other kind of job or occupation within society.
O- A penguin can’t fly. It may dream of flying but that might distract him from looking out for what might be more suitable for him, like swimming. Not everyone can be a surgeon, or a quaterback or a singer, but that does not condemn them, in this country, to perform for their rest of their lives just one damn job. One guy I know began with the company as a baggage handler. You don’t need experience. You just need a strong back. But he kept studying and got his A&P license. Yet he is not done yet, and is currently going to school in his off time to become a pilot.

— They may quit a job that they don’t like but once they look for another position to survive off of they are left with only similar jobs that have the same exact conditions of the ones they worked prior. They can choose different masters but at each end they are still reduced to slaves.
O- Again if you want a different set of responsibilities awarded to you, you need to show some form of preparation to assume said responsibilities. School gives you the right to apply for the job you want. Places ask for experience, so you may have to do internships to get that experience, but eventually you will command your own fate better.

— The poverty of their occupational income becomes the poverty of their lives.
O- Only if you come to define the quality of your life by the zeroes in your check, and that is to worship Mammon. To me it matters that I can put what we need on the table, but it matters more that I have a good marriage and that we provide a loving home to our children. I see all these rich people on the news, like Mark Anthony and J.Lo, or the Kardashian fiasco and you wonder, why didn’t it work? They had money. They could spend a year living on a different country every month for a year, permanent tourist, on permanent vacations. Instead they find validation only in their career, in making money. Michael Jackson was the King of Pop but also the King of Pain.

— The sense of forced social identity from their occupations becomes the very existential depression of their lives.
O- But I don’t see this as solved by money, nor brought about by a lack of money. You should see guys in Italy. They have no real jobs to speak of. Some live with their mothers, but you would not know from the way the dress or carry themselves. My uncle Tony has been evicted twice and yet when he steps out in town he is “the most interesting man in the world” and people flock to him. Some of this malady you perceive, my point is, might be an american phenomenon, brought by the elimination of family and the elevation of the individual as the ultimate object of value. In other countries family honor comes first, so when they lose a job or are stuck in a market, they feel bad for their family honor. Yet that means that in the worst of moments they are not completely alone either- there is always family. Here in America the individual comes first, second, third…and so every social relation is defined by how THEY feel. It is no longer until death do us apart but until MY unhappiness drives us apart.
Because of this divorce happening within families, the individual attaches undue value to their jobs. If their social identity is not family then something will come to fill that vacuum, which is fine if you are a capable being. But an occupation is not forced upon us. We simply carved for ourselves a carrer path for better or worse.

— There is of course the modern sense of education which people can utilize to improve their situation if they’re able to but this assumes that everybody has the same equal capacities for knowledge or intelligence. Those who cannot conform or comprehend the standardized demands of higher education automatically become reduced to slaves within every modern society.
O- If you are retarded you become the ward of the State. But if you are a capable person, then there is no short cut.

— In a world of technological, mechanical, and industrial obsession individuals unable to comprehend or conform to the tenets of it’s status quo become existentially considered obsolete by collective society as a whole when it concerns the notions of prejudices where they are seen as useless bottom feeders.
O- Is it that society sees them that way or that you see them that way and you decide to project your vice onto society at large?

— Such obsolete individuals become herded up stamped under the label of poor and given the ultimatum that they can only exist by endlessly laboring away for those with more wealth or power then themselves.
The ultimatum is they can only hope to survive, exist, and live in servitude only.
O- This is what someone ready to throw in the towel says to himself at night to help him sleep a baby’s sleep. It’s not that they are quiters, but that there was no point in competing, as the game was rigged against them.