Let it be!

Tentative

To the contrary, I’m the one inviting discussion. It was me striving to provide a safe haven for just such discussion.

Again missing the point entirely. it is not a matter of denying other viewpoints but the necessity to consider them beyond the secular and mundane. This human condition of ignorance is not to be celebrated and basked in but a sign of a collective chaotic psych that is not necessary and only results in horrors completely unnatural for the word “Man.” It is only through the gradual acceptance of a perverted psych that we’ve collectively come to be accepting of obvious absurdities. I believe in the transcendent unity of all the great traditions which means that at our level we’re all misguided. Both Plato and Simone assert the same in the Cave Analogy. This is what is insulting. I believe it and am the messenger of a message you find repulsive. But it is philosophy.

That is because I discuss it from the esoteric rather than secular point of view. Find me another thread on the Cave Analogy from the esoteric point of view and you’ll read righteous indignation as predicted by Plato in the analogy.

Think for a moment: if one person is alienated by what another says, is it more a reflection on the speaker or listener? Frankly I would dislike being known as one who is nasty to another’s opinion. Show me one post where I’ve been nasty. I can find many where you are openly nasty.

Hi Bob,

As I read you tale I simultaneously thought of the robin in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” – Herm Albright

We all generally have faith in something, it may not be God, as you know God, but it usually has another form.

Keep you faith as it gives you comfort. The bombast that was so very rude had zero to cling to except regarding your chosen belief. Why on earth did he take the time to bother you and your kit and kin? He needed to believe he was right.

You and your family’s quiet refute of his arrogance did more than you probably will ever know.

Hello Aspacia,

It would be nice if it did have this effect. It seemed to be worth the while talking about.

Thank you for your words.

Shalom