Lifeline, Fate and Destiny

Alrighty, first of, thanks to those that replied to my previous debates.
Now it’s time for more of my insane rambling…

Today’s topic - the life line. Basically fate, consequences, your actions and destiny. In most “simple” (if you allow me to call them as such) convos we refer to destiny and fate as the same thing. Definitions:

Fate:

1. The supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events.
  2. The inevitable events predestined by this force.
  3. A final result or consequence; an outcome.
  4. Unfavorable destiny; doom.
  5. An event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future

Destiny:

1. The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined; one’s lot.
  2. A predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human power or control: “Marriage and hanging go by destiny” (Robert Burton).
  3. The power or agency thought to predetermine events: Destiny brought them together.
  4. An event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future

Well, although this topic will contradict everything that is theoretically true, most of the time it feels more accurate than what we’ve been told so far (well at least to me).

I am curious… what if there is no such thing as fate or destiny. I mean, there is… but they say that you have, say, a fork in the road. Like in my first debate a few years back, I’ll use the same example.

Alright… as seen above I can either go past the shop or stop and buy the icecream. Let’s imagine I don’t buy it. 10 minutes later I see this amazing Longines watch 75% off in price (well it is an example after all so I can dream, can’t I ? :smiley:). I obviously buy it. Now then, if I would have bought say 3 icecreams I wouldn’t have had enough money to buy the watch. So… what IF I was supposed to buy the watch in the first place ?

Obviously most answers or comments are something like “yes but you decided to not buy the icecream”. True. But what if I was supposed to not want it thinking I might make better use of the money ?

The reason I complicate our life so much with such odd topics is because today I cut some classes due to pure boredom (lol) and I received a PM on another forum, checked it by chance and a friend of mine asked me to pass on some stuff in an SMS to my best friend, as my best friend needs the thingies urgently.
Obviously if I wouldn’t have staye home I’d have SMSed my best friend in around 3 hours or so which would have been a tad late I’d say. So we all know “things happen for a reason”. Assuming this is true what if everything we do/say is actually predestined in such a way that our ‘choices’ are nothing more than illusions. To make it even simpler, imagine this. You apply at two universities. First university you write an answer. Delete it, write another one. You later find out the first one you wrote was correct and the one you left as ‘correct’ was wrong and you fail the admission (but get in the second uni of your choice). Then you see this one is actually better than the first, you are happier here, study better, have better teachers and friends and so on. And you realise that if you would have written the initial answer at the first test you wouldn’t have been as happy.

Honestly, ever since 2005 started I let things ‘go with the flow’ and adopted this ‘things happen or a reason’ attitude which, to be perfectly honest, proved better than I thought. For the last 5 years or so I tried very hard to move things in my favor only to be disappointed almost everytime. And 2004 was the worse for me. Bad luck after bad luck (i won’t lie, I had a few good things). 2005 - completely the opposite with a completely opposite attitude.

On the other hand maybe it works just for me and not for others. We’ve all seen how a guy acting as a jerk is instantly liked by some girls while some would immidiately tell him to go to a certain downard location in a firey place :smiley:

Happy debating!

life is what you make of it.

In my opinion the ideas of fate and destiney are just variations in you’re psych.

i think how you look and anaylze life is a very powerfull tool.

( REVOLUTION!)

hey nomad,

i know what you mean. often i think that it is completely my choice what to do at any time, but that making certain choices will lead me down ‘righter’ paths than others. not in a bible-bashing way - in a completely non-religious way!! a lot of the time, i think i’ve chosen well, and then i wonder whether i actually have and doubt a little bit, but then after a while i realise that that decision opened up way more doors than i would otherwise have. u get me?

loaf xoxoxox

Fate:

1. The supposed force, principle, or power that predetermines events.
  2. The inevitable events predestined by this force.
  3. A final result or consequence; an outcome.
  4. Unfavorable destiny; doom.
  5. An event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future

Destiny:

1. The inevitable or necessary fate to which a particular person or thing is destined; one’s lot.
  2. A predetermined course of events considered as something beyond human power or control: “Marriage and hanging go by destiny” (Robert Burton).
  3. The power or agency thought to predetermine events: Destiny brought them together.
  4. An event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future

HE GAVE YOU THE ANSWERS!!!

eh?!

It’s possible that some things are Destiny, but that would require an intelligence from another dimension. It would require an intelligence that has control over TIME. The intelligent being would require you to achieve your goal for a need of its own.

You meet the girl of your dreams. It manifests for you an accomplishment. YOU and SHE gain from the situation. Can YOU and SHE control time…NO.

So why was time manipulated to allow this meeting of love?

Only someone who can control time can make it happen!

So THEY must also benefit from this situation.

YOU,SHE,THEY… That’s 3 entities that benefit from the situation.

WHY?

Probably for the needs of Heaven… eg…

pincho dude you need to check your religous thread again 9sigh) just so you know

pincho,

so you don’t think destiny could be a kind of intelligence of its own?