liz Chaney canceled by the GOP

K: everyone thinks the 1920’s were great economically, but they weren’t…
millions of “Little” people were pushed to the brink even before the Great Depression…
farmers for example… everything was great before the pandemic but it wasn’t…
income still was for shit, the rise in employment came in low wage service jobs that
had no benefits… if you think flipping burgers is a “well off job”, think again…
the economy grew for a very small class and that class was the wealthy…

Trump’s big reelection weapon: A remarkable manufacturing jobs boom

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/479579-trumps-big-reelection-weapon-a-remarkable-manufacturing-jobs-boom

In the summer of 2016, few believed then-candidate Donald Trump could make good on his promise to bring back some of the millions of manufacturing jobs that had been lost during the Clinton, Bush and Obama administrations.

At a PBS town hall, President Obama went so far as to mock Trump’s commitment to manufacturing. “What magic wand do you have?” Obama said.

What Obama and others in the Democratic Party didn’t understand – and judging by the rhetoric coming from the current batch of presidential candidates, still don’t understand – is that you don’t need a magic wand to grow the economy. All that is required are policies that give individuals and businesses more power to operate freely and that limit efforts by inept, greedy government bureaucrats in Washington to meddle and manipulate markets they don’t fully understand.

Over the course of Trump’s three years in office, he has kept his pledge to spur economic growth by reducing government intrusions. By the White House’s count, President Trump has signed 16 pieces of legislation meant to deregulate various aspects of the economy, and his administration has slashed an average of 8.5 regulations for every new regulation passed.

Trump also championed congressional Republicans’ 2017 tax reform legislation, which cut the corporate tax rate to 21 percent, reduced income taxes for the vast majority of Americans and altered the tax code to make it easier for businesses to invest in capital.

These efforts have led to historic economic growth. In Trump’s first three years, more than seven million full-time jobs have been added. To put that into perspective, only 2.45 million jobs were gained from 2007 – the height of employment under the Bush administration – to the end of the Obama era in early 2017.

Additionally, unemployment rates in 2019 for African Americans, Asian Americans, Hispanics and women were at or near all-time lows.

[b]Although these important economic gains have been important and far-reaching, they were not nearly as surprising as the improvements in manufacturing jobs made under the Trump administration.

Since January 2017, more than 480,000 manufacturing jobs have been added to the U.S. economy, following two decades of sharp losses.

In President Clinton’s final three years in office, more than 430,000 manufacturing jobs were lost — declines that immediately carried over and expanded under the Bush administration, which experienced millions of manufacturing job losses, even before the 2008 crash.

Roughly 300,000 manufacturing jobs were lost during the eight years of the Obama administration, including minor losses in Obama’s final year in office.

In terms of the percentage of manufacturing job increases, the gains made thus far under the Trump administration surpass the performance in the first term of every president since the 1970s.[/b]

And, perhaps most importantly for Trump’s chances for victory in 2020, many of these gains have occurred in important swing states. Under Trump, manufacturing job increases have ramped up significantly in Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin — all of which are key states for Democrats’ 2020 strategy.

Even more vital for Trump is the manufacturing job increases in Pennsylvania, a state that Democrats almost certainly must win to have any chance of success in November. Under Obama, Pennsylvania lost manufacturing jobs in both of his terms — more than 45,000 in total. But since Trump entered the White House, Pennsylvania has gained nearly 23,000 jobs in manufacturing, a stunning reversal of the state’s long-term trend.

It turns out that you don’t need incantations or even a “magic wand” to improve manufacturing job growth. You do, however, need public policies in place that promote U.S. businesses, instead of punishing them with ever-higher taxes, regulations, and mandates.

President Trump understands this reality, and he’s poised to reap the benefits in 2020 as a result.

Okay, let’s say of those 400 people charged, 200 are convicted.
And let’s say of those 200 convicted, 100 committed serious crimes, felonies.
How many protestors were there that day, 20 000…at least?
So I’d say it was about 99.5% peaceful.

Ashli Babbitt was shot dead by an officer, not conversely, and she wasn’t endangering anyone’s life at the time.
4 of the 5 who died were protestors, only 1 officer died, and he died of a stroke.
It was an overwhelmingly peaceful protest with some rioting, 1 execution of a protestor by an officer, 2 strokes, 1 overdose and 1 heart attack.

No she’s a veteran, a heroine who put her life on the line for others, a populist who wants to put an end to ‘nation building’, ‘pre-emptive’ and regime change wars, look out for main-street by holding wall-street accountable, that’s the only reason why corporate dems, lib hawks and the MSM 1st ignored her, then tried to smear her when she started to gain a bit of ground after exposing Kamala Harris as a fraud.
The corporatocracy looks out for its own.

Although I wouldn’t want someone like Tulsi to be the president of a large nation, she was definitely the best of the democrat lot. When the republicans become more populist as a fixed policy, she will probably switch parties.

And Russia doesn’t have a damn thing to do with any of it. They are just a distraction scapegoat for China’s role.

I heard that there was more than 500,000 patriots attending Trump’s speech and that the trouble at the Capitol started before the rally had even marched to the Capitol. The troublemakers didn’t attend Trump’s speech and were starting a ruckus an hour before the other 499,000 plus people got to the Capitol. It amazes me when people accuse Trump of leading an insurrection at the Capitol when he told crowds at his rally to be peaceful and the 499,000 plus people who were actually at his rally were peaceful. If there would have been a Trump lead insurrection, all of Washington DC would have been taken over…for real. Long ago I posted a pic (in the what are you doing thread)of the BLM activist and the CNN reporter who ON VIDEO filming themselves egged the others at the Capitol to storm inside. But that doesn’t make sense when Capitol police, remove their barricades, open the doors of the Capitol building and wave people in. On top of that, most of the people causing property damage were dressed in Antifa black get ups, wholly different than Trump supporters.

Yup, anybody that makes them look bad is a Russian plant.
And they have the audacity to accuse us of wearing tin foil hats.

I don’t agree with Tulsi on some things, but she’s more of a populist than a progressive, liberal or conservative, and that’s why I like her, along with 2016 Bernie, Rand Paul and Trump.
For me, left/right matters less than populist/elitist or populist/pluralist.

I agree, looked a hell of a lot more like 100s of 1000s than 10s, but sometimes I omit some things, if I’m feeling less confident and/or for my opposition’s sake, I know they can only take so much at a time.
I try to find stuff I think I can verify on both alt/mainstream, right/left media.
Sites like the Hill come in handy because they’re somewhere in the middle.
It would be interesting to compare less controversial protests where we know the size of the crowds with the Jan 6 protest, probably some people out there who already did that awhile ago, just gotta do some digging.

I heard that and it wouldn’t surprise me, I haven’t explored it enough to be sure.

Right, corporate dems/lib hawks and wokies are extreme authoritarians and collectivists.
They don’t believe in free speech or freedom at all, but in political correctness/wrongthink.
‘Silence is violence’, so you don’t even have the right to remain silent either.
If silence is violence it follows committing violence against those who don’t speak out against ‘social injustice’, is self-defense and defending your community, their underlying pretext for the Antifa/BLM riots.
They believe the group is fully responsible for the sins of the individual, unless of course it’s one of theirs doing the sinning, then it’s the opposing group’s fault, it’s all very convenient, and that the living are fully responsible for the sins of their dead ancestors.
Really it reminds me of some secularized primitive Canaanite blood feud purity cult from the 11th century BC.

Exactly

I’m going to look into all that when I get a chance.