Management book recommendations?

I don’t know if anyone here is in management in a big company, but I’m about to join the fray and I was wondering if anyone has any good book reccomendations.

Particularly, something on managing feedback or difficult conversations etc, as one of my major roles will be doing appraisals, giving feedback and dealing with customer complaints.

In addition to reading, general tips or advice would also be welcome, as this whole field is new for me. I’ve done management before, but it was more like project management than people.

Most companies have their own managerial manuals, but I’m sure you can find some on the net… try governmental departments, as they tend to make their’s public viewing for transparency purposes.

Any luck on that BM?

I found an interesting book called ‘vital conversations’ which had some fairly sound advice for dealing with heavy talks.

The rest I am learning on the job. Turns out people management is more difficult than I thought it would be. Getting people on the same page as you can be a real struggle. Thankfully, its only a temporary role, so six months and I’ll be back to the simple teaching life again.