Message to all subjectivists!

Motion is both relative and objective.

Just saying.

Ahh… c’mon guys, really?

I’m the only human being on this planet who knows how to have consensual sex, and it’s almost impossible for me. Once I accepted this, my libido obeyed me. “nope, that would be a rape, nope that would be a rape too etc…” You guys are projecting YOUR own stuff onto me.

Gib, what didn’t you understand about, “there’s a reason people say “That’s JUST subjective”” Because without objectivity, your subjectivity is meaningless. All you are saying for yourself is, “That’s just my opinion”. There are a great many things that aren’t just opinion for sentient life, even morally." There are objective moral facts.

Yep, and the taste of pineapple is relative and subjective.

If every slightest sexual move without formal consent counts as rape, then rape loses its meaning. It becomes no big deal. A guy could say “Yeah, I raped my girlfriend over and over and over last night, but she said it was no biggie. She kinda liked it, in fact.”

It means it isn’t real, which is the counter-example to subjectivism as relativism.

I don’t think of objectivity as incompatible with subjectivity. For me, it isn’t a question of either subjectivity or objectivity, but of which is more fundamental. I believe the world is fundamentally subjective, but it contains objectivity within it. So you could say 4 + 4 = 8 objectively, but that’s still “according to my thoughts” which is subjective.

Relative in what sense?

Relative to the being tasting it. It might taste sweet to you but bitter to a creature with different taste buds.

When the objective is abandoned as ‘illusory’ all becomes an inter-subjective collective solipsism.
Truth is evaluated numerically, by the amont of subjectivities it can integrate, i.e., coerce and convince, into its framework.
Philosophy becomes politics and marketing.
Language becomes vague, permitting the maximum amount of interpretations and relationships. Obscurantism reigns, converting occultism as a form of an admission of ignorance - mystification - to a method of seducing and psychologically manipulating subjects, implying some kind of secret power, or extraordinary benefit reserved only to those who abandon their reason and adopt emotional criteria; using trigger words to imply rather than clarify, philosophy becomes religious. Nol longer revealing but selectively and strategically concealing.
The most effective lies are those that selectively apply hyperbole, inflating and deflating according to the image, the effect it wants to produce.

Inter-Subjectivity becomes an unwritten agreement to abandon reality - empiricism - and to embrace ideology - emotion in as collective effort to manufacture the desired alternate reality.
A kind of mass madness, mostly emerging ni times of turmoil and degradation, such as when empires begin to collapse.
Superstition is its identifier. A return to previously effective methods of dealing with existential anxieties - every age having tis own superstitions, attracting and manipulating its own feeble, desperate masses

Okay.

Gib,

The rape thing is not meaningless because there are very broad actual ways to have yes means yes relationships that are sexual. I’ve outlined some of them in threads you probably didn’t read.

People are so fucking shocked that I say there has been no consensual sex in earth yet, that they can’t read what I’m actually saying about it.

Perhaps an example would suffice (or a link to one of your posts).

All I’m saying is that if kissing a girl without first asking “Can I kiss you?” counts as rape, then rape is not such a big deal. Most girls probably like it.

Oh my goodness! You’re starting at square zero, not even square one of my posting history on this topic.

I’m trying to think how to handle this.