Mind - Knowledge -- Knowledge - Mind

There is a great deal i feel need to be filled here.
Just a reminder, to reconnect with the interweening later…

Thank you, Meno.

I will go through it and see where I went wrong.

The four main problems that I imagine would be stumbling blocks are as follows:

1. unknown
  2. known
  3. brain
  4. mind

I will not just look at these.

First I will analyze the flow of information as you suggest…
…and then I will look for any ambiguity of terms…
…and finally, look for broken logic that might not fit in with the principles I am following(want to follow).

This result indicates a problem on my side Meno. Just working on the connection between knowledge and mind has me sidetracking a lot.
I will spend a bit more time focusing on this rather than getting over sidetracked on other topics.

Ill take partial credit for the problem to my delayed correspondence, so as to minimize Your responsibnsibility for error. Thanks

Curiosity is a side topic and is off-topic for the purpose of this discussion…however…

If I may offer a few short thoughts on curiosity before I fix the prior confusion. I will requote myself and make two quotes from websites.
I am feeling particularly lazy today. Note that I have edited my quote to help clarify my thoughts. Also, note that the way I define the social and self in regards to curiosity is more complicated than what is mentioned following my self-quote here but the underlying principles of what I have quoted are fundamentally the same.

When I refer to curiosity - I am making sequential connections between social curiosity, self-curiosity, and neuronal curiosity - in this order.

We are social creatures and we are curious about one another and I believe that curiosity goes deeper than this.

We spend a good portion of time not only thinking about ourselves but also thinking about others when we are alone, and again I believe curiosity goes deeper than this. This gets a little hazier the further we progress in the sequence but does still seem reasonable.

Biological explanations for curiosity are poorly understood but from what I can tell: prediction and curiosity work together. Curiosity is one driver prompting us to get more information. I believe that curiosity is one of the central mechanisms for resolving unknown information about any given thing. From a neuronal perspective, there are many redundant systems doing the same thing of course which in turn gives rise to reward chemicals and reinforcement. Redundant neuronal systems do curiosity and furthermore, curiosity is not a strongly isolated function.

Information leads to knowledge, specifically relevant and accurate information leads to knowledge, and knowledge acquisition for the sake of this discussion is driven in this case by curiosity. Hopefully, I have usefully passed on my thoughts regarding how I think about curiosity and reduced some of the uncertainty that I have created. It is not necessary to include the topic of curiosity in a discussion about mind and knowledge - if I do mention curiosity again, it is only intended as a device/tool for elaboration.

Another quick read that is related to this discussion if it interests you: Mind Reading - Social Cognition

What I have written is clear to me. There are only minor inconsistencies and minimal contradiction.

I am using my own terminology with meaning that I am applying to it. It is hard to get over the concept of the unknown for instance.

The unknown is something that I considered a long time ago when considering how knowledge acquisition works soon after birth if I recall correctly.

I have notes from years ago but they are focused on language.

To re-reiterate:

And here is the problem with conscious discrimination - following the wrong path.

Long ago I worked with the idea of pattern recognition, which prompted me to pay some consideration to pattern formation - kind of a weird order that I am fully aware of. Patterns must be formed before they can be recognized. The patterns must come from outside that which recognizes it. This is a seemingly paradoxical depth for some. I am in a way controversially suggesting that knowledge comes from outside the mind and that we place way too much emphasis on the brain as a memory device and what the brain is doing is performing recognition over memory formation. Prediction is a driver to recognition - the brain/mind pair are always piecing together missing information to perform recognition.

I am edging toward the unknown here…

…current tools are insufficient to give us a full explanation of what is actually happening and understanding this is more a process of recognition through prediction than relying on what we already know.

Essentially the underlying idea is bringing the past and the future together to result in some configuration of the present - redefining the present as we move forward through the continuum of time.

I will keep moving forward to see how this affects knowledge.

Small notion, might be useful;

The idea proposed by Aldous Huxley that the brain is like a receiver-filter, rather than a constructor of awareness.

Id say its probably both.

Let me sneak this in…About five years ago, I had an induced mind splitting experience - two minds at once - two different conscious instances - weird. I will not go into any further detail.

Huxley’s take is interesting, to say the least. The filter is an extremely accurate way to think about it. I have a lot more to say about this but I will leave it here for now.

Encode says:

“Let me sneak this in…About five years ago, I had an induced mind splitting experience - two minds at once - two different conscious instances - weird. I will not go into any further detail.”

Weird things happen Meno. I do my best to keep my head out of these clouds - if I was meant to hover around up there then I am only left with the assumption that I would have spent a lot more time in these clouds. Down here I still get to see that we are connected to more than what our immediate experience allows us to always see - I am happy with this - weird things still happen but if we were to place them on a scale then weird things happen in varying degrees. Let us refresh the idea of weird for prosperity: adjective > suggesting something supernatural; uncanny. A person’s destiny(ARCHAIC•SCOTTISH). Induce a sense of disbelief or alienation in someone(INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN) - these are the main definitions that Google provides us. Most people won’t acknowledge anything weird…a lot of them think they have acceptable explanations but what they forget is that their explanation came from somebody else - this is not their own formulation…what does this say about the experience of the masses? Perhaps this even hints at Psychic Epidemics, the mass delusion…