Mind

In the end you have to find a way to confront your mind, since it is the source of your intentions and motivations.

Some do that with meditation, learning how to just let unpleasant thoughts pass, and take one’s leave of them. That way you can return to the any important subject at hand and remain concentrated.

Some write them down and talk them through with a trusted person, so as to get them out of your system. In the end it is the same … meet your thoughts and let them go. Don’t entertain them, but let them pass.

danielamenmd.com/3-quick-steps-t … nking-now/

They’re steps Artimas but they aren’t quick steps and they’re not guarantees. Things take time and practice.

Release, relax, let go is probably the most difficult thing for you to do when your mind becomes besieged.
The more you fight your mind, the more besieged you will feel. Just say to yourself - “to hell with it” it’s not important. The more you try to be in control, the less you will be in control. The more you try to rationalize and think, the deeper you will go into that abyss.

If you can, just ALLOW the thoughts to come. They can’t hurt you. Let them breeze on by lol at their own time.
Close your eyes and imagine the leaves as they fall off the tree. You are one of those leaves willing to let go and fall wherever the breeze takes you. I know that sounds silly.

Listen to Alvin and the Chipmunks sing. They will change your brain chemistry in an instant.
Above all, realize that whatever happens, you can and will handle it without trying to control it.
Take a walk in some park by yourself, observe all the birds and squirrels. Think of nothing.Just Be.

Arc, you would make a good cult leader.

What does simple relaxing and attempt at easing the mind have to do with cult practice? It isn’t systematic or dogmatic.

I think she means a “spiritual coach”.

Hey Arc! :smiley: Haven’t seen you around these parts in a while! Whatcha been up to?

Pandora,

:laughing: Perish the thought!
I thought that there was a nice hint of a buddhist flavor in my words.

Sometimes it IS the most difficult thing to let go. But when we’ve had enough, it becomes the easiest thing to let go. We just don’t always realize that.
Do we go from A toooooooooooooooooooooooooo Z in a slow, agonizingly slow movement or do we decide to take that giant leap from A to Z in one full quick movement and fall fall away.

We are the leaves and there are the little tugs and then we allow ourselves to let go and to enjoy the movements.
Sometimes the gravity of our minds work against us. But there are times when we need to remember that gravity can work for us.

Hi Gib,

I don’t think Pandora meant a spiritual coach or she might have said that. lol
i can’t find my own way spiritually. Don’t know why I would want to be anyone else’s coach.

Where have I been? Why I’ve been out and around recruiting people for my cult. I think I found a spot somewhere over there. Look to the left. Do you see all that forest area? :mrgreen:

It’s the closest thing I could think of to “cult leader” that would make sense to Arty (plus how I read your post). A cult leader is kind of a glorified spiritual coach, isn’t it?

But you were coaching Arty. :wink:

I see my neighbor’s roof. :laughing: What better place to form a cult (as long as the residents don’t notice).

Artimas, you have paranoid schizophrenia. You need meds.

My meds get rid of the disturbing thoughts that corrupt my mind. However, I still feel a lot of stress, angst, and bitterness towards certain individuals who have done me wrong, and I still feel the pangs of a broken heart and the paranoia of loneliness and failed opportunities. No pill can fix that.

Hi gib, :mrgreen:

I wasn’t coaching Artimas. Think of it as my trying to give him the benefit of my experiences. :evilfun:
I suppose that any way you slice it…

Stop reading Neitzche, he was a loon.

You have paranoid schizophrenia as well. Take your meds.

I know WHO I am, I am a pure soul that is my true “self” of kindness goodness and love.

Now humor me, you are saying I am everybody Where is the Line am I ants, bacteria? Cats and dogs or just humans? And I literally live out the lives of billions of humans? That doesn’t seem scientific. Explain exactly how the convoluted timeline path occurs. I dont want to live out the lives of every man woman and child, nor do I want to repeat my life so there must be a rational alternative. I don’t see myself spawning into an entity LESS evolved or conscious than myself. Like I don’t see myself spawning as some Wendy’s fedora wearing hipster. Only 1 out of 10,000 humans are sentient in my opinion.

Does anyone else sometimes just lose the will to want to live? Become tired? Feel old and trapped in a repetitive illusion called “life”? but it really is just existence, not living.

Sometimes I am happy to be alive, to experience new things and having dreams that may seem childish but you know can be achieved if you look at what has been achieved in history…

“Everyday is exactly the same”

Some other days I just wanna buy a gun and shoot myself… I know some people will get hurt by that, but when you think in the long run, am I hurting more or less people by ending my own existence? I could hurt more people in 50 years than the select few who would be hurt by my death, which would only be a minute or so…

So what is really the lesser bad?

Recall the game show “Let’s make a deal”? Curtains 1,2 and 3. That is life. Yea , I can feel the way you feel but, those folks in the future might benefit as well as be hurt or just benefit. Being tired is easy. Trying to justify it is easy. And it is so not fun or adventurous. Once that trigger gets pulled there is no more. Don’t go that way , find fun and adventure.

I have, but not lately.

Geez, that’s pretty extreme.

As in, you might be the next Hitler?

What, your death or their hurt?

Arti, I’m sure someone out there loves you–your mother, maybe–how hurt exactly do you think she’d be by your suicide?

No not what I mean by hurt, like heart breaks perhaps, or any harm indirectly/directly caused by me through the ripple effect.

Yeah i’m sure my family would be upset, but how can someone tell the greater good without knowing how many may be harmed in the future.

I think when it comes to unknowns in the future, one has to assume equal likelihood that it can go either way. From a purely statistical standpoint, this means we can assume 0 net effect.

However, committing suicide is a sure fire thing, and if there are any people in this world who love you, it’s certain they will suffer from your loss.

Furthermore, we can only expect 0 net effect in the long run if we don’t plan on conducting ourselves in a certain way. But what if you devote yourself to doing some good in the world, helping other people?

That’s true also, it could go both ways. I try, but we will see in the end I guess. Just tired of being another cog in society I guess… I want change faster than it is coming, for the species I mean.

Become a UN ambassador, or for some other change-orientated organisation … anyone can apply. Use your passion for change for good, not mischief…

That is great advice