My argument for Theology.

Been thinking about it logically one day.

An organism is self-organising. Life, creates order. Nature, moves towards entropy.

Life, is an uphill battle, resistance of natural entropy.

On this battle, the organism feels rewards, from time to time, when it reaches checkpoints.

In a Natural, random world, who is to say the reward mechanism, should actually “feel good”, or “feel anything at all”?

In a Natural random world, the reward mechanism would have an equal chance of feeling awful.

Chemical pills, or a chemical imbalance in the mind, and just one molecule out of place and it feels like hell. Just one or two molecules.

A little odd that it just so happens you found the exact perfect chemical formula that actually feels good to subjective consciousness?

For millions of years, organisms fight and die.

Yet, I am not die. I am not in a combat zone.

It feels odd. Odd and lucky. Odd and lucky that religious people feel good when they worship. Odd and lucky that superstitious people feel better than nihilists and atheists. Odd and lucky that people who live for ideals are happier than people who live for survival only.

Seems to me that there is a such thing as a soul, and that there is a mechanism in place where the souls only find suitable lives, suitable minds who have a future without too much suffering. That’s my end of the stick.

How do you define theology? You seem to be describing religious experiences, not dogma.

Are people who are religious/supersitious/living for more than just survival more happy? How have you come to these conclusions?

I believe if you take away the dogma, idiocy and traditions there is an essence in religion and spirituality that atheists cannot ever replace. Deep down they know this truth, that atheism will not and cannot ever replace this special essence.

Its not random chance that the majority of the population are not atheists. People do not do things unless there is some special essence, and this particular essence is quite unique. The modern seculars and atheists are a kind of disease, and infection, similar to how religious idiocy and dogma is also an infection.

Can you describe the “essence in religion and spirituality?” I agree with you on most of what you said with the exception that a majority of beliefs does not have to indicate some essence of truth. I’d say that a majority in the USA are fundamentalists who have little or no understanding of spirituality. They are into fear of hell and promise of heaven. They believe dogma informs!

duplicate

Yes modern religion is like a disease. Basically its a bunch of backwater rednecks who just don’t see the bible for what it is…a fairy tale book written by Extra Terrestrials meant as a gift to their human children. Fairy tales are meant to scare, educate, and provide glimpses to the truth in a way only a child can understand. Unfortunately these kids just never grew up, and I have a feeling their parents walked away

Now you have other children, such as atheists, who debate the bible as if it was literal, and who have dogma of their own. Both are flinch reaction kids who say negative things to anything outside their dogma. Both parties, religious nutzos and atheist hardlines reject the good essence of spirit that cannot really be described.

What I do know is the story of Jesus is exactly the same as the story of Horus, and the story of other religious figures. Started off as a carpenter or builder, gained 12 disciples, challenged social norms and promoted love, then was murdered or exiled by a mob. This is the same legend repeated over and over in different cultures.

Analytic philosophy, where most atheists feel at home, has nothing to say about ontology, the depth of being from which spiritual awareness may arise. Where analytic philosophy fails to account for spiritual awareness may be in its neglect to see geometry and mathematics as having biological roots. These are experienced in our growth and development. Philosophy errs when it gets too far afield from biological explanations of the human sense of reality.