Name Change Request

I also tell people about my major mistakes knowing that I’m being watched carefully for them. I’d rather have such things known and then have to work to overcome those mistakes than to sit there and be one of the ones that slink in the background and keep doing the things that give them no respect for themselves.

To know that other people know that I’ve molested people in the past helps get me off the darker paths that I was on that I didn’t much care for. To have people know and be watchful of the possibility of so many things within me, helps keep me centered and balanced. And, talking about abuse helps get over it, regardless of advice given or not given, which makes psychologists and psychiatrists overpaid and useless along with the drugs they want to shove down peoples throats.

Random! You’re actually Phred the Phukhead?

I had no idea! I had no clue!

Ah, how we’ve had fond discussions and sentimental encounters in the past, haven’t we?.. ok, not really, but seriously, I never knew!

I’m sorry I didn’t take the time to get to know you, but I can’t get to know everyone on ILP. Hopefully any future encounters will be productive.

Ah, but you’ve already gotten to know me, to an extent. We’ve interacted. Whether you knew it or not, whether you remember or not; regardless of your perception or mine, we’ve interacted and gotten to know each other. To say that you’ll try harder in the future? To do what? To cement in place within your own mind a set persona that you think belongs to me that doesn’t? You go ahead and keep doing things like you’ve always done them, it doesn’t bother me all that much. There are a lot of other things that bother me about people in general, but not the fact that you, personally, barely pay attention to others.

You mean in the Pardon Me thread, or some time back when you were Phred? (hey that rhymes).

idunno. I never said I’d try harder to do anything, I just apologized for not getting to know you in the past (and it was more of a “sorry it didn’t happen” rather than “sorry for doing something wrong”), and that I hoped future encounters would be productive.

Well, if that persona is being put out by you, it must belong to you (unless someone’s making you do it at gun point). Note there’s a reason I use “persona” instead of “personality” or “person”. Implicit in the term “persona” is “mask” or “character”–like you would put on in a play–we present ourselves in the way we want to be seen on discussion forums like this, sometimes consciously, sometimes unconsciously–all I know of you is what your persona is like, and I’m way less likely to be wrong about that (because I see it with my own eyes) than I am about what your true personality is like.

Excellent! :smiley:

Now that’s not a fair statement. There are quite a few people here at ILP that I pay attention to–it just can’t be everybody, it just can’t.

So, you have been paying attention to me and meant to try to marginalize and minimize me. That’s funny. I’m chuckling, actually.

Oh, well, you probably wouldn’t have wanted to know past me, to be honest. Some people were okay with him, since he was shy, introvertive, never really mentioning the bullshit that others did. On the internet, he called people on their shit, made full use of his introverted nature to be an extrovert and yet still didn’t manage to make any close, personal friends. He was an interesting paradoxical blend of extrovert and introvert, of shy and unsure of himself and yet completely sure of his talents, skills and abilities. Funny guy, though; wouldn’t ever talk too much unless he had something to say or just to bullshit for a bit with old friends and say stupid shit, or when he was trying to be funny; quite punny; just always trying to avoid fights and trouble.

Current me is a lot more confident in himself and every bit still as confident in his abilities, talents and skills and has successfully mixed his introvert and extrovert natures to socialize fluidly with people when he chooses to; though it’s not often that he chooses to. It takes the rare loner to get me to talk about things I don’t normally talk about, a rare mood, or just because I haven’t talked about things in a while and suddenly they come to mind. Still, I tend to stay away from most people, not because I’m anti-social, but because most people don’t have much to make it worth pushing forth the hand of friendship as I’m traveling through. I’m different than a lot of people at the same time as being so similar to them and they often find it awkward to be around me, find it hard to relate to certain things I do and say and then have their own perceptions of me based in bias whether positive or negative; they form and frame their opinions and my empathic nature often picks up on these things, especially since my awareness has expanded.

And personally, there’s a lot of people with their own agendas; not always bad, just pertaining to their own lives; and it’s not to say we don’t mix too well, but we don’t have enough similarities to actually try to be friends. Besides, who wants to be friends with everyone. Too time consuming, you don’t have enough time for everyone, etc., etc. I talk about a lot of things that most people just don’t want to hear or do want to hear, but then turn away because I can talk about those things in such excess that they go from sheer awesomeness of the thought process to culture-shock from it to having the people so interested in them just a few hours previously become so inundated by sheer awesomeness that they just don’t see it as awesome anymore. It’s really weird how that works. When so overcome by awesomeness, people just shut it off and start treating the awesomeness like so many piles of shit that they just want to not step in and get far away from.

I was of the humble opinion that Phred the Phuckhead was a dude formerly known as idioticidioms?

And Turd de Ferguson is Contra Nietzsche or that guy with that cat on that head on that avatar?

Just checking to make sure. Few doubts popped up in my mind.

Correct.

If possible and when time is found, I would like to request my name be changed to ‘Some Guy in History’

that way, people will quote me correctly. Please and thank you.

What an odd choice for an avatar…Johann “Jack” Unterweger, an Austrian serial killer who murdered prostitutes.

He was a nasty piece of work, full blown narcissist.

Do you relate to him in some way?

It is his eyes I remember.

not really an odd choice. The man was very charismatic and charming, rubbed elbows with the upper class, and came from more humble origins. Like Jack the Ripper, he started East, in Germany where the Ripper began in London; both came west after their Eastern killings. And then, the natural eloquence and intelligence of the man; I’ve read to some degree his autobiography and the true crime novel about him. True crime books were how I learned about ligature killing methods and the differences between killers and killings, styles and methodologies and psychologies and while Jack Unterweger, like many people, was a pathological liar, our personalities are very similar. At the point of playing a game with myself I called ‘catch my inner serial killer’, he is who I found and who I synch with, along with Jack the Ripper.

I got a pair of Jacks and seeking to upset the card tables. Seemed Appropro.

A short version on youtube of his history.

youtu.be/b6m_ZHYLY9s