4. Friends are a single soul sharing two bodies

5. Will to Power

1?
2. Desc.
3. Soc.
4?
5. Nietz

first one sounds like Buddha

I think the first one was by Ludwig Wittginstein. He wrote a book with a couple sections, “what we cannot speak of we pass over in silence” being a name for one of them.

3 is the oracle of delphi

LOL, I don’t think so! :laughing:

err…i think so http://astrology.about.com/library/weekly/aa100102b.htm

Answer key:

1. Wittgenstein
  2. Descartes
  3. Socrates
  4. Plato
  5. Nietzche

Ok, Someone elses turn! I fno one else comes up with any, I will post some more.

Oh and btw… Number one is Wittgensteins most widely spread quote (I dare not say famous because that is subjective to who you are) and number three is one of the most well-known one-liners for all time, irrefutibly Socrates, I have no idea where the information about the oracle of delphi came from.

Ur wrong

216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:Rn … know&hl=en

216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:4v … tion&hl=en

216.239.59.104/search?q=cache:CK … tion&hl=en

Although i agree that Socrates said it, i dont think that he was the 1st to say it is my point.

Yeah… In one of Plato’s dialogues (I can’t remember which one but I think it might be “the Apology”)Socrates mentions that he took “know thyself” to heart… from the Delphic Oracle.

Or then again, I might be completely wrong. I swear I have read Socrates mentioning it along with the Delphi… ah well.

hey i got one :

diogene philosophus quidam interroganti qua hora hominem cenare deceret :
si quis, inquis, dives est, tum cenare potest cum cupit. si pauper tum cenare debet cum potest.

really easy one i think.

u made that up right?

“Consequences dictate our course of action. It doesn’t matter what’s right, it’s only wrong if you get caught.”

Who said it?

“Beer is proof there is a god and he wants us to be happy”

…ill give you a hint… it starts with a B, and ends in a enjamin Franklin

I have read several places that Socrates had said “Know thyself”, maybe the Oracle at Delphi was jealous of Socrates’ wisdom and stole it, or maybe vice versa, or maybe none of the above. But having read a majority of Socrates’ written though, I have found that most of it is based on this one quote, henceforth logically it would be accurate to associate this particular saying to him. But then again, after 2400 years, how accurate can we really be about someone who never wrote anything down because he “knew nothing”?

“Even concubinage has been corrupted–by marriage.”

Nietzsche

Its like a finger pointing at the moon. If u stare at the finger you miss all that heavenly glory

“know thyself” is an inscription in the walls at the oracle of delphi

In Plato’s Charmides, Socrates and Critias argue over the Oracle at Delphi’s saying “know thyself” and what it really means.