name that tune...

My guess: It’s called five easy pieces

when we first saw the stagecoach…all the rage was gone…and so we dragged him and we shot him…and now the thrill is gone…i got five easy pieces…i got them hanging on the wall…i got five easy pieces…there ain’t nothing they won’t solve…when i saw the kid a’dying’…i said oh god what have i done…and when i saw my lease had expired…i released myself from the world…i got five easy pieces…i got them hanging on the wall…i got five easy pieces…there ain’t nothing they won’t solve…now in this country of equals…by god the gun is number one…so if justice is your thing then…go ahead and get it done…i got five easy pieces…i got them hanging on the wall…i got five easy pieces…there ain’t nothing they won’t solve…

here’s a truly throbbing song, the lyrics of which I just can’t make out…

Aside from snatches of lyrics like waiting in the rain…just to know you were there…you gave up too early, it sounds like it revolves around either “forty five questions” or “four to five questions”

listen for this exhilarating refrain…especially at the end:

she always said…she wanted lots of money…she always wanted attention…and plenty of it
she always said…she wanted lots of money…she always wanted attention…and plenty of it

Bump

pure pop…

you say you’re still in love with me
it’s time to prove it to me
my lips are waiting patiently
it’s time we sealed it with a kiss

Male vocalist. beautiful folk song. sounds like one of the Rogers brothers.

he told me at the start of spring…he never needs nothing at all…to him the sky is blue forever…he don’t need a whole lot of loving

female vocalist

don’t think it don’t matter about geronimo…he was the fiercest indian fighter…the fiercest indian fighter of them all

male vocalist. sounds a bit like leon russell

i went out last night/to the “cabaret”/ i got home this morning/ at the break of day/people hide their love/people hide their love

Thanks to those who connected the dots for me here.

Time to go fishing again.