New theistic proof (including aliens)

Dear all,

I have discovered a new funny theistic proof. It is very short and simple. It runs as follows:

There are so many gods in the world that it is unlikely that none of them is real. Likewise, there are so many reported encounters with aliens that it is unlikely that all are false.

Hi S

Alas, I’ve found the same is true with women.

There are so many women in the world that it is unlikely that none of them is real. Likewise, there are so many reported encounters with women that it is unlikely that all are false.

Makes sense.

non-sequitur

but the trick is to find alien women that make you groan “oh god” in orgasmic bliss…

-Imp

Imp

Well I’m glad to see that some are willing to extend the “hand” of friendship as we invite new visitors to our world. You see, when people, regardless of origin can "come’ in peace so to speak, there will be less of an incentive to kill one another.

Sadly it does require volunteers and how can we find those willing to engage in such self sacrifice and endure the manipulations of another in the cause of peace? It is a lot to ask.

yes let’s “come” together, and stop “waxing” over wether or not god exists, surely the alien women can tell us after a “meeting of the minds”.

Maybe that’s why people think christ is god? they overheard him in the same room with mary magdalene.

??? I don’t understand your point. Who doubts the existence of women?

They may exist – but are any of them are true?* (At least that’s how I read it.)

As for alien women, the Book is clear, they are no good for you.

*Go and catch a falling star,
Get with child a mandrake root,
Tell me where all past years are,
Or who cleft the devil’s foot;
Teach me to hear mermaids singing,
Or to keep off envy’s stinging,
And find
What wind
Serves to advance an honest mind.

If thou be’st born to strange sights,
Things invisible to see,
Ride ten thousand days and nights,
Till Age snow white hairs on thee;
Thou, when thou return’st, will tell me
All strange wonders that befell thee,
And swear
No where
Lives a woman true, and fair.

If thou find’st one, let me know;
Such a pilgrimage were sweet,
Yet do not; I would not go,
Though at next door we might meet.
Though she were true, when you met her,
And last, till you write your letter,
Yet she
Will be
False, ere I come, to two or three.,

– John Donne

Sâmkhya

I’ve known several men to complain that it has been impossible to find a “real” woman. Yet they interact casually with so many women that they believe that there’s got to be at least one “real” one out there.

Beyond deliriums on aliens, you could have retorted that, even granted the soundness of the proof, how can we know what the real god is? If we can’t know, what’s the point in believing? Is it really a progress relatively to atheism or agnosticism?

If we choose some God to believe in, applying the same rationale as above, it is unlikely that we believe in something real.

I remember being shocked to find out that my mother believes in the existence of aliens. You’d have to know her to understand why this is shocking- she’s just very practical and down to earth (no pun intended). Her rationale for believing was the same as you mentioned above.

Side note: I am a real woman- they do exist…