Nietache's Zarathustra: What is the jester/ ropedancer

The story is, there are two towers, out came a ropedance from one tower, and walking along the rope in the air, and tries to make it to the end tower. But outcame behind him was a jester, riding a unicycle, who was making many comments and pushing the ropedancer. And he fell off and die.

What is the meaning of this story?

“Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the Superman - a rope over an abyss.
A dangerous crossing, a dangerous wayfaring, a dangerous looking-back, a dangerous trembling and halting.
What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal: what is lovable in man is that he is an over-going and a down-going.”
[Zarathustra’s Prologue, 4.]

The man who tries to walk the rope-bridge to the Superman risks to perish in the process. Yet he will not stay on this side of the bridge: he will reach the other side or die trying!

“Prevention of reduction to mediocrity. Rather destruction!”
[Nietzsche, The Will to Power, section 1054.]

Those who are content to stay on this side of the bridge are despicable!

“All beings hitherto have created something beyond themselves: and ye want to be the ebb of that great tide, and would rather go back to the beast than surpass man?
What is the ape to man? A laughing-stock, a thing of shame. And just the same shall man be to the Superman: a laughing-stock, a thing of shame.
Ye have made your way from the worm to man, and much within you is still worm. Once were ye apes, and even yet man is more of an ape than any of the apes.
[…]
What is the greatest thing ye can experience? It is the hour of great contempt. The hour in which even your happiness becometh loathsome unto you, and so also your reason and virtue.
The hour when ye say: “What good is my happiness! It is poverty and pollution and wretched self-complacency. But my happiness should justify existence itself!”
The hour when ye say: “What good is my reason! Doth it long for knowledge as the lion for his food? It is poverty and pollution and wretched self-complacency!”
The hour when ye say: “What good is my virtue! As yet it hath not made me passionate. How weary I am of my good and my bad! It is all poverty and pollution and wretched self-complacency!”
The hour when ye say: “What good is my justice! I do not see that I am fervour and fuel. The just, however, are fervour and fuel!”
The hour when ye say: “What good is my pity! Is not pity the cross on which he is nailed who loveth man? But my pity is not a crucifixion.”
Have ye ever spoken thus? Have ye ever cried thus? Ah! would that I had heard you crying thus!”
[Zarathustra’s Prologue, 3.]

The buffoon that appears from the first tower jumps over the rope-dancer, which causes him to fall. Later on in the book, Zarathustra says:

“There are many divers ways and modes of surpassing: see THOU thereto! But only a buffoon thinketh: “man can also be OVERLEAPT.””
[Of Old and New Tables, 4.]

One should be patient, one should not try to rush to the Superman. As George Morgan says at the end of his book,

“Having beheld the ultimate vision [the vision of the Superman], we must turn again toward becoming “good neighbours of the nearest things.” What are the next steps for one whom this dream has possessed? Nietzsche would not have him broken by the tension between distant ideal and sordid reality; there is no sense in being “insanely impatient for the superman,” for “all actions have acquired meaning, as path and means to that.” To one whose life has attained such focus there comes a sense of repose - the “repose of the great stream” - and the immense future spreads out before him like an unrippled sea. There should be no haste, no jumps; every intervening stage must be brought to perfection in due season, every least detail finished with the dedication of a true artist to his task. The abiding mood is “luminousness, peace, no exaggerated longing, joy in the rightly employed, eternized moment!”
AMOR FATI”[George Morgan, What Nietzsche Means, Epilogue, entire.]

Concentrate thou on thy rope-dancing! Do not be distracted by buffoons!

The Jester is simply anyone who ridicules someone who takes great risk. Jesters appear to be witty and can cause people to turn against a risk taker, but a true jester never accomplishes anything himself. He is a service to man in that he can get people to turn against risk takers and cause their failure, but a disservice to mankind as he makes greatness harder to achieve.