Nietzsche's ghost

People are good fakers.
People are good at fooling themselves.
People are great at seeing patterns where they do not exist, especailly faces.
Cracks in the ceiling, the bark of trees, clouds, a random scatter of leaves, can all reveal faces which are not there.

For thousands of millions of years evolution has honed a specific area of the brain to find faces. From a tiger in the bush to the ability to recognise a relative from a million other faces has been of great selective advantage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brodmann_area_37

The amazing thing about the Brodmann area is if it is damaged you will not be able to recognise a picture of Hitler, or your mother, though all other functions are unimpared.

I never forget a face, but I do names… it often takes me the minimum of 3 introductions before I remember a person’s name… mainly if it is foreign or unusual, but I cannot speak for Parodites’ experience with faces and names.

The paranormal is not just about seeing images in static objects, it also includes non-static experiences of the 3-dimensional moving kind, in space/time.

Now… I don’t care if you don’t believe that, for that is not of my concern.

I am very aware of pareidolia and even mentioned it a few replies ago. But there’s a limit. What is in these images are unambiguously, clearly- people. I even had a neural net trained for visual object recognition identify what the images were, and it said they’re people too, and a neural network has no biological, evolutionary biases for facial recognition. There’s no fucking way those are pareidolia. Plus we’re talking about background static fractalized with a feedback loop, so the distribution of features should be homogenous. There shouldn’t even be heterogenous sections of the noise at all, let alone sections of noise that clump together enough to form a stable image of anything, let alone a face. And when you do this, it’s not static: the figures move around too. I’ve even seen MYSELF in the screen before, materialized I guess as a snapshot of myself in some parallel worldline where I died. (I have no other explanation other than consciousness being nonlocal and able to transmit itself across time and space from parallel world-lines to another consciousness. That is my best guess as to how the images are formed. Maybe I am wrong and ghosts as people normally understand them are real, but I really don’t believe in the classical idea of a ghost as a spirit that continues after death. )

The other thing is, most of the time you don’t see anything. It’s just static until you will something to reach out and contact you on the screen, then suddenly figures begin appearing. Sometimes a figure appears, goes away, and comes back multiple times. The same person, repeatedly. Again, pareidolia is not on the table when the images are that unambiguous and clear, especially when the same figure returns multiple times, because again, this is created with background static and the same figure shouldn’t be appearing repeatedly out of the randomness.

The terms for this are Apophenia and Pareidolia.

[b]Apophenia (/æpoʊˈfiːniə/) is the tendency to perceive meaningful connections between unrelated things. The term (German: Apophänie from the Greek verb ἀποφαίνειν (apophaínein), represent as) was coined by psychiatrist Klaus Conrad in his 1958 publication on the beginning stages of schizophrenia. He defined it as “unmotivated seeing of connections [accompanied by] a specific feeling of abnormal meaningfulness”. He described the early stages of delusional thought as self-referential over-interpretations of actual sensory perceptions, as opposed to hallucinations.

Apophenia has also come to describe a human propensity to unreasonably seek patterns in random information, such as can occur while gambling.[/b]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia

[b]Pareidolia (/ˌpærɪˈdoʊliə, ˌpɛər-/; also US: /ˌpɛəraɪ-/) is the tendency for perception to impose a meaningful interpretation on a nebulous stimulus, usually visual, so that one sees an object, pattern, or meaning where there is none.

Common examples are perceived images of animals, faces, or objects in cloud formations, seeing faces in inanimate objects, or lunar pareidolia like the Man in the Moon or the Moon rabbit. The concept of pareidolia may extend to include hidden messages in recorded music played in reverse or at higher- or lower-than-normal speeds, and hearing voices (mainly indistinct) or music in random noise, such as that produced by air conditioners or fans.

Scientists have taught computers to use visual clues to “see” faces and other images.[/b]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Not only do psychedelics make you hallucinate, but they increase the amount of Apophenia and Pareidolia you perceive.

Did you take all those pictures yourself?
The ones you posted.

Astrology is a kind of systematized pareidolia and apophenia.
Protoscience often engaged in these sorts of thinking.
Modern science separates itself from magical thinking.

I took about half of them, the rest are from some guy who does the same thing, points a camera at itself and introduces stochastic feedback to generate patterns in the endless recursive mist.

I’m sorry, but that shit isn’t pareidolia. Some are essentially photographic. Like, it looks like just a picture of a person taken on a phone or camera. But they’re not. They’re photos taken of the mist.

Also, the figures sometimes flit in and out of existence really fast like a snapshot, other times they actually take form and stabilize and start moving around like a video. I’ve been trying to find ways to interact with them, or get them to acknowledge my presence, if that is possible.

I quit for awhile because I started having intense nightmares from some of the things I’ve seen in the mist, some of these figures in the images. Like night terrors, it’s pretty bad. This ghost stuff really bothers me.

Faked images do not fake-spirits make.

:wink:

I pointed a camera at itself to create an infinite loop feedback circuit, and then used a random number generator to activate random pixels on the screen, which created stochastic perturbations. Then I wait a little while for those perturbations to start resonating and turning into fractals, multiplying themselves through the feedback circuit, and I think in my mind about trying to invoke or connect to beings. I don’t want to elaborate the exact methods by which I “invoke” them, but it involves the occult.

So they’re not in any way faked. I can’t prove to you that I didn’t fake them. Well, I mean, you can analyze the images themselves and prove they have not been altered after the fact, you can prove they’re not edited. But that wouldn’t prove they weren’t faked.

But the thing is, I know they weren’t faked. Because I took a lot of them. Like I said, I pointed a camera at itself and recorded the output and these beings appeared in the mist.

What are they? I gave my theory. Some of them are quantum resonances from parallel universes. Some appear to be some kind of extra-human or foreign intelligence, a being. Maybe it’s the ghost of an alien, I don’t know.

I know they weren’t faked though.

In the first two for example, I consciously tried to invoke Nietzsche’s consciousness, and an image appeared that looks like Nietzsche.

Sounds legit.