Nihilism Versus Platonism

First of all I would not call one of those boths nihilism forms “post-modern”, because it is a modern phenomenon.

The difference is almost what you also already (but more allusively or suggestively) said in another thread (I can’t find it at the moment): Socratism and Platonisms changed the Ancient-Greek philosophy and this change was criticised by the ancient cynics (Antisthenes, Diogenes and others), but later this became normal, so Socratism and especially Platonism and followers became cynical as well and they mixed with “movements” like the Stoics and the Christians. I know ,this statement is especially a Nietzschean statement, but nevertheless: it is true. Nietzsche called himself a “Cyniker” instead of “Zyniker” (this is the correct spelling form in German) just to show that he did not want to be a modern cynic (“Zyniker”) but an ancient cynik (“Cyniker”). By the way: To make it more Ancient-Greek-alike he should have called himself a “Kyniker”, I think. So a “Cyniker” or “Kyniker” is cynical towards the “Zyniker” - because the ancient cynics have become normal, thus more and more the modern cynics which can only be cynically criticised by cynics who are more again like the ancient cynics (therefore: Cyniker/Kyniker versus Zyniker). Now I am saying that there are two different forms of nihilism as well, because cynism and nihilism belong together, although they are not the same (cynism is a subset of nihilism, so to say), and there are more than two forms of nihilism. But in that said post I was talking about two different forms of nihilism: one of the Ancient-Greek culture and one of the Occidental culture. They are different. Our modern nihilism we are confrontated with is (1) a more regulated one than the ancient one was and (2) much more active than the ancient one was. But I don’t exactly know whether they can be used against each other. Probably this phenomenon is comparable with the speed of light, because it has always the same amount, whereas other velocities can have different amounts.