Not a poll, just another question

why do some people think they will achieve anything on a philosophy board like ILP with agressive/hateful/troublesome/unstable “personalities”?

what happens in the minds of these folks?

c’mon people don’t let me speak with myself! :smiley:

Oh God…don’t tell me you had Aiden in mind when you were writing this post…

He has numerous people in mind…

I don’t blame these individuals for acting crazy, i understand that they are just following the whims of the universe, trying to eek out some comfort.

i come here to learn and entertain myself, i wadger we all come here for entertainment, but i also wadger that different people come here to enjoy different things…

sometimes people get a kick out of insulting someone twenty or more times in one post, some people enjoy simply trying to enforce their beliefs.

like in society, these people don’t really have a goal in mind, they are usually to concerned with themselves to bother accomplishing anything.

Aidan, Satyr, the bullied boy…

and I must add that I would also fall into this category when I started posting here.

I will grant there are some truly negative posters here, and I am a member of boards that have satanic metal nazi (pseudo i hope)pedofiles, hardcore punk wiseasses, warez crackers/ hackers, old punk burnouts, and various other miscreants. I don’t post in many of them anymore.

o jesus what in the hell are these ‘boards’? :smiley: how can you stand the ‘company’? :astonished:

Some warez boards have close to one million members, but their English is not that great. As a rule they are very supportive of each other, young , and very quick to give and, ban members. They have caused me to think before I type, more than anyone. Lambgoat.com is probably the best example of the other group.

which means that ILP is the right place for you, FN, right?

I have never felt suffocated here.

Why do some think they’ll achieve anything anyway with the subtle versions of the above mentioned?

You’re all pretty hateful and aggressive. I wouldn’t be here if it was otherwise.

Yeah I just got a 10 day warning on a site for calling another member with one post a n00b. They are like 5 yr. olds. Although I have never uploaded any cracked applications there.

thanks for replying, Aidan, I knew you’d have something to say about that!

[i]Why do some think they’ll achieve anything anyway with the subtle versions of the above mentioned?

You’re all pretty hateful and aggressive. I wouldn’t be here if it was otherwise.[/i]

the point is: we are NOT all pretty hateful and aggressive, and people generally don’t like vain aggressivity and hate. That’s why people like you and Satyr tend to feel so bad here. I am sure that if you came here asking for some sincere advice for solving a real problem of yours, although you’d surely receive a lot of sarcastical replies, you’d also receive a lot of sincere, helpful, well-intended advice. That’s the fucking point you don’t see: the fact that there are a lot of angry rascals here doen’t change the fact that most people don’t welcome them.

OK, but why call someone “n00b” anyway if they were childish?

It just makes you look childish by using 1337spk.

So, what you’re saying is: It’s better to be tactful?

exactly, Aidan!

That’s funny, because then when I actually do act tactful you get run over anyway by hypocrites hiding behind something.

Go on IMDB forums and see people get called “idiot” for the lamest things.

I love when you answer like a calm, balanced man. That’s that. One of the things I have learned on this board is that whenever you approach people with agressivity, then aggressivity is the only thing you receive from them. If you talk like a normal, decent, educated human being, MOST people tend to respect you, even though many others tend to hate and despise you as an idiot for that. But that doesn’t matter, because only the ones who respect you deserve your attention.

Go on IMDB forums and see people get called “idiot” for the lamest things.

what’s the average age of the members there?

It’s a piracy site. I was actually trying to help him. He wanted to know how to delete his account, and I said Don’t worry about it n00b.

OK then.