OH MY LORD

Yes, I tend to agree with this assessment. Also, why would any person choose to be homosexual considering the discrimination and possibly death from a nut case.

God in heaven help me!

Homosexuality, if it’s not genetic, would be a state of being that people get conditioned to. It’s the same as why a person likes tall women, short women, blondes, red heads, and so forth. You may not have a direct explanation for why you like certain types of things and that’s because envirnomental forces acted on you in a very subtle way.

So, people do not choose to be gay. That is way to simple, rather they are made gay by X number of things. So, from a religious perspective what would that mean?

Well, not a whole lot from what I can tell. People are made liars, made theives, made perverts by certain elements in their environment, sure. However, in justice as in religion, that doesn't stop us from condemning any particular act of dishonesty, theft, or perversion. A homosexual has a cross to bear in that there is a particular type of sin that is more tempting for them than it is for others. We can all claim that to varying degrees.

Many homosexuals have straight parents and are often ostracized from their families after coming out. Hence, I tend to believe it is genetic and not conditioned.

Don’t ask me why, but I do not find Cruise attractive, but find Pitt attractive. I tend to prefer blonds. Please do not pull the race card, I am short and have dark hair and eyes. My other half is blond and blue eyed.

Again, this is why IMO, I tend to believe it is genetic.

Hey, if you disagree, this is fine, and frankly, I do not give a hoot what any religion claims.

aspacia,

Perhaps I am doomed to repeat myself, but we had this conversation. It would be straight parents that condition the kids to be gay. The concept is that an obnoxious or distant member of the opposite sex causes the kid to at once hate them and become entranced by the perceived power of their gender. So, the kid becomes just like who they hate. There are other variations as well.

Also, if you are in a gene pool where everyone looks roughly the same, then how is it possible that your “genes” would allow you to be attracted to someone so different? The answer is that your genes have nothing to do with it. Your mind is the most profound sexual organ in your body (an unoriginal but true statement there).

I totally agree, ergo I agree with the site, if only in the sense that it depicts the actual stance of the Church and the Bible for young Christian writers who need guidance.

Jon F

Then how does logic explain the numerous straight children with obnoxious parent of the opposite sex. Many fathers often are obnoxious to their daughters, and the daughters do not turn out to be homosexual. Many mothers are obnoxious to their sons, and the sons do not become homsexual. The point is that a small percentage of the population is homosexual, and a much larger percent has been abused and not become homosexual.

I disagree with this claim, unless you can provide valid scientific or academic research links regarding your stance.

I am not following your logic. Are we still discussing homosexuals? If so, they are attracted to members similar to themselves. Many of the Chippendale male dancers are gorgeous homosexual men, with very similar physical characteristics.

We can agree to disagree, but I am simply not following your logic.

it was tongue in cheek.

I’m actually neither buddhist or christian, I think both religions are wrought with problems. I know “buddhism” is officially a “philosophy” and not a religion per say, but official buddhism (the zen variety is more to my liking if I was going to go buddhist) is still a dogmatic bag of worms.

christians do need guidance:

thegodmovie.com

of course, this doesn’t mean I’m not clearing the path for atheism. Atheism and satanism are filled with idiotic dogma as well.

we tend to overlook the problems in our own belief structure when criticizing other beliefs. I.E. you find a lie or half truth that is doctrine for another religion, but you only find the “truths” to support your own belief.

is it because there are no lies or half truths in your own religion? no. It’s because you don’t look at them, you don’t seek to find them.

if that were true adlerian it’d be a simple matter of reverse engineering them… the fact is reparative therapies are 0.04% successful AT BEST.